• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Question No One Here Would Dare Ask

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Formally the same country for all intensive purposes but its clear the difference - Pace Bowling. One of the top 3 things you're most likely to see when you watch cricket.

Pakistan - Akram, Younis, Khan, Asif, Amir, Mahmood

India - Ishant Sharma

How can one country produce so much good and the other so much bad?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I always figured that they were just more genetically predisposed to that sort of physical activity

I'm sure there's other reasons

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thanks for the info guys, I was legitimately curious, then I realised the question was stupid, so I made it even more stupid to hide the fact that I am stupid by pretending to be ironic with my exaggerated stupidity.

Burgey

The other aspect is, some cricketing cultures prefer the aesthetics of slow bowling to fast bowling*. And that's ok.**

*theyre scared
** second rate, but ok

Daemon

If you slaughter a goat during Eid you instantly gain 20kmph and see a 20% increase in testosterone.

If you follow an Indian vegetarian diet you tend to develop breasts.

indiaholic

International Captain
If you slaughter a goat during Eid you instantly gain 20kmph and see a 20% increase in testosterone.

If you follow an Indian vegetarian diet you tend to develop breasts.
Can confirm, had breasts. Killed a goat and now I have balls on my chest.

Shri

Mr. Glass
They hold their bowlers at all levels to the highest standards and we do it for batsmen. Rohit Sharma would have had a 20 year career while rarely being dropped for Pakistan because they wouldn't make a lot of batsmen like him. And Mohammed Sami would have had a 20 year career as an India fast bowler because no one would bowl as quick as him for us for 20 years.

Zinzan

They hold their bowlers at all levels to the highest standards and we do it for batsmen. Rohit Sharma would have had a 20 year career while rarely being dropped for Pakistan because they wouldn't make a lot of batsmen like him. And Mohammed Sami would have had a 20 year career as an India fast bowler because no one would bowl as quick as him for us for 20 years.
Agree had Sami been an India bowler, not so much Sharma as a Pakistan batsman though. Pakistan have had no shortage of fantastically naturally talented batsmen pretty much since forever, they just have a unique way of stifling that talent and screwing with their heads.

Not sure Sharma would have been much different in that regard. I think it's the mental toughness that made the likes of Misbah and Younis ultimately survivors of the Pakistani set-up and even they have been in out out many times...

They would have found a way to mess Sharma up somewhere along the line, whether it was an inexplicable dropping, giving him the captaincy prematurely or some other weird bizarre political reason.

Last edited: