• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Best-Ever ODI Championship Rating Draft

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ICC Best-Ever ODI Championship Rating Draft

Since it's draft season and some of the existing ones are moving excruciatingly slowly......

Inspired by Watson's "ICC Best-Ever Test Championship Rating Draft."

1. Select XI players from the ICC all-time ODI Championship Rating list. Use the link below to check an individual players best ever rating.

ICC Player Rankings

2. Your budget will be 7590 points (an average of 690 per player feels about right). This should allow you to select some all-time ODI greats along with a mix of good value journeymen.

3. The cost for each player will be whatever happens to be their highest ever rating in either the Batting, Bowling, or All-Rounder categories.

Example: Kapil Dev
Batting Rating = 777 points
Bowling Rating = 849 points
All-Rounder = 632 points

Kapil would cost you 849 points

4. Wicket Keeper: Note wicket keepers will be rated on their highest batting rankings and ..Please note: To ensure people don't take all-time great batsmen/part-time keepers, your keeper needs to have played at least 50% of their games as a designated wicket-keeper (see statsguru)

5. Minimum 20 ODIs played.....To avoid the likes of Sobers and other greats of his era who played only a handful of ODI games, players must have played at least 20 ODIs to warrant any sort of meaningful ratings.

6. The order for Round 1 will be randomised, and then the order will be reversed for Round 2.....and so forth.

7. You have 10 hours to select your player. If you miss 3 consecutive Rounds then it will be assumed that you have quit the game and cannot rejoin. Feel free to PM a fellow Drafter to post your pick for you if you think that you won't be around your PC during your turn.

8. The usual top 3 vote off will happen at the end...

Open to feedback on the following;

1) The budget of 7590 (690 average). Watson used 725 average in the Test version, but the ratings seem slighter lower in ODIs, hence the reduction.

2) Whether we have extra penalties for consecutive/ frequent timeouts.

3) Minimum 20 ODIs Played.

4) Keepers needed to have played >/= 50% as designated keeper.

5) No of drafters. I'm thinking of possibly limiting this one to just 10 or so, open for feedback.

After considering all feedback I'll confirm the rules and list drafters.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
the first draft i ever saw on this forum was the test version of this it looked cool

so In

anil1405

International Captain
1. If there are more than 10 drafters you can consider increasing average per player from 690 to a higher number
2. 2 time outs (not necessarily consecutive) = 8 hours per pick for that drafter from there on

Zinzan

1. If there are more than 10 drafters you can consider increasing average per player from 690 to a higher number
2. 2 time outs (not necessarily consecutive) = 8 hours per pick for that drafter from there on
Yup, I like the idea of a 2 hour reduction for every time-out > 2 in the draft.

Regarding the 690 average rating, if anything I thought it might be a bit high and thought a lower limit might require more skill in spotting value than just the luck of the order of the first round.

Any other thoughts on the 7590 (average 690 total), the 20 match minimum or the requirement for a keeper having to have played >50% as a designated keeper?

Cheers

So we have 9 so far, probably just another couple.

Last edited:

anil1405

International Captain
The designated keeper rule looks spot on. Would be unfair if one drafter picks a keeper who kept wickets in just about a handful of games or say 10% of his overall games.

Regarding 7590 (690 per player), I guess its your call. If you reduce the amount, standard of all sides would come down a bit and instead of say 2-3 average players we might have to pick 4-5. But yea the skills of picking value oriented players would be put to test.

Also happy with min 20 matches rule.

Zinzan

Cheers chaps. Closing it there at 11 drafters, a good number.

Will confirm the rules and round 1 order shortly.

Zinzan

Well I suppose we can squeeze you in kingkallis. I mean what would a draft be without you picking up some awesome players only to grab a silver or bronze. This time perhaps ;)

That's it then..

Rules confirmation

1. Your budget will be 7590 points (an average of 690 per player feels about right). This should allow you to select some all-time ODI greats along with a mix of good value journeymen.

2. The cost for each player will be whatever happens to be their highest ever rating in either the Batting, Bowling, or All-Rounder categories.

Example: Kapil Dev
Batting Rating = 777 points
Bowling Rating = 849 points
All-Rounder = 632 points

Kapil would cost you 849 points

Here's the link to the ratings. http://relianceiccrankings.com/odi/playercomparison.php Remember, it's the players highest ever that counts.

3. Wicket Keeper: Note wicket keepers will be rated on their highest batting rankings and ..Please note: To ensure people don't take all-time great batsmen/part-time keepers, your keeper needs to have played at least 50% of their games as a designated wicket-keeper (see statsguru)

4. Minimum 20 ODIs played.....To avoid the likes of Sobers and other greats of his era who played only a handful of ODI games, players must have played at least 20 ODIs to warrant any sort of meaningful ratings.

5. The order for Round 1 will be randomised, and then the order will be reversed for Round 2.....and so forth.

6. You have 10 hours to select your player - (although if you time-out twice in the draft, your limit reduces by 2 hours and another 2 hours there after). If you miss 3 consecutive Rounds then it will be assumed that you have quit the game and cannot rejoin. Feel free to PM a fellow Drafter to post your pick for you if you think that you won't be around your PC during your turn.

7. The usual top 3 vote off will happen at the end...

Let's go....

Round 1 randomized order.

honestbharani
OverratedSanity
Zinzan
jimmy101
AldoRaine18
J_C
mr_mister
anil1405
Agent TBY
kingkallis
morgieb

honestbharani> OverratedSanity

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
Well I suppose we can squeeze you in kingkallis. I mean what would a draft be without you picking up some awesome players only to grab a silver or bronze. This time perhaps ;)

That's it then..
No wonder I have been a Saffer fan. :dontgetit