• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka 2015

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pujara made a 42. KL made a 40 as well. Nohit on the money as usual. Kohli just sucks right now in everything he does.

harsh.ag

Same old story really, Rahane propping up the useless pile of **** our middle order has managed to swiftly become.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I love Virat Kohli for sticking up for the 5 bowler theory, its one of the biggest reasons for India not winning as many tests as it should have in the last year and a half overseas. Don't like the fact that he wants Rohit @ 3 though =(

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I love Virat Kohli for sticking up for the 5 bowler theory, its one of the biggest reasons for India not winning as many tests as it should have in the last year and a half overseas. Don't like the fact that he wants Rohit @ 3 though =(
This match he seems to be sticking to the 18 players in a line-up theory though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I would love to see both Pujara and Nohit dropped tbh... Pujara still has to work on his game and get better, esp. in overseas conditions and him being around the side all the time and making big scores in SC conditions will harm his long term development, I feel... I would rather they play Rahul at #3. Ideally, I would love to see Virat be our #3 in all formats of the game. The game has evolved and it is no longer a necessity to have a very good defensive bat as your #3...

harsh.ag

Because he will score runs. That will make him think he is better than what he is. Which never works out for the better. Because confidence is bull****. He needs to score runs in the nets and in FC where the same pitches await him. That ways he can work on his flaws against lesser bowlers and gain confidence.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I especially liked how hb said "making big scores in SC conditions will harm his long term development".

You're going to have to explain this.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
So Murali Vijay will be dropped to accomodate Rohit?

How long before Rohit "talented and promising' Sharma runs out of excuses?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Why would Pujara being in the team harm him?

Coz he has obvious weakness against the moving ball... I just don't think making more big scores in conditions that won't test that weakness of his will help him... I don't think he is a lost cause like Sehwag yet... I feel a couple of more A tours, esp. to England, will help him come back a better player. There are any number of players around the world who have benefitted from a stint away from the test side even if their replacements did not end up being better than them... Those players individually got better and came back as much better cricketers. Langer comes to mind. Clarke was dropped for a bit even if he was still able to score well in certain conditions. It maybe stupid to you but I think India as a team can get more out of Pujara if he was totally dropped for a bit and allowed to lead A teams to countries where he has trouble scoring runs. A few months away from the side now is a small price to pay if we can get him back as a real world class top order bat.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Because he will score runs. That will make him think he is better than what he is. Which never works out for the better. Because confidence is bull****. He needs to score runs in the nets and in FC where the same pitches await him. That ways he can work on his flaws against lesser bowlers and gain confidence.

I can see how the confidence thing worked out for the Aussie boys today.. More of the same, heh, Harshy? :p

And if you would care to read posts before responding with sarcastic BS which has nothing to do with facts, you will see that I never mentioned he is going to get better playing FC in flat tracks... I just think it is worth more for Indian cricket if he can lead our A teams to a couple of overseas tours outside the SC and get better in those conditions than racking up the runs in another SC series.

To be completely honest, I have seen a couple of SL pitches aid swing and seam at times, so on second thought, it might still provide him with challenging enough conditions that will force him to up his game and get better. That is a waaay better argument than the one you posted.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Coz he has obvious weakness against the moving ball... I just don't think making more big scores in conditions that won't test that weakness of his will help him... I don't think he is a lost cause like Sehwag yet... I feel a couple of more A tours, esp. to England, will help him come back a better player. There are any number of players around the world who have benefitted from a stint away from the test side even if their replacements did not end up being better than them... Those players individually got better and came back as much better cricketers. Langer comes to mind. Clarke was dropped for a bit even if he was still able to score well in certain conditions. It maybe stupid to you but I think India as a team can get more out of Pujara if he was totally dropped for a bit and allowed to lead A teams to countries where he has trouble scoring runs. A few months away from the side now is a small price to pay if we can get him back as a real world class top order bat.
This is all well and good, but he's still in the squad which means he's still touring with the team. He's not getting any time away or playing in the CC.

He's toured England in the past with the A team and scored heavily anyways, and also taken county stints with derbyshire? and yorkshire where he did alright for himself. He's quite clearly a thinking cricketer and knows that he needs to work on his overseas game, scoring runs in India or Sri Lanka won't delude him into thinking he doesn't. Sitting on the bench for this series won't do him any good.