• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe and South Africa 2015

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Tour Schedule

2 August v Zimbabwe, Harare, 1st ODI
4 August v Zimbabwe, Harare, 2nd ODI
7 August v Zimbabwe, Harare, 3rd ODI
9 August v Zimbabwe, Harare, T20i

14 August v South Africa, Durban, 1st T20i
16 August v South Africa, Centurion, 2nd T20i
19 August v South Africa, Centurion, 1st ODI
23 August v South Africa, Potchefstroom, 2nd ODI
26 August v South Africa, Durban, 3rd ODI

Blackcaps Squad

Kane Williamson (captain)
Doug Bracewell (South Africa series only)
Grant Elliott
Matt Henry
Martin Guptill
Tom Latham
Mitchell McClenaghan
Nathan McCullum
Adam Milne
Colin Munro
James Neesham
Luke Ronchi
Mitchell Santner
Ish Sodhi (Zimbabwe series only)
Ross Taylor
Ben Wheeler

NZTailender

what a **** tour.
Yeah even though its a pure L/O series I was hoping for 5 ODIs vs the Saffers, but given our weakened squad and the meh T20Is, 3 seems enough. Actually more interested to see how Zimbabwe go tbh.

NZTailender

I just want to see Latham open the batting.
Yeah hope they don't go back to the whole Neesham opening experiment thing. That said, wouldn't mind seeing them Munro a go in that spot.

1. M Guptill
2. T Latham
3. K Williamson*
4. R Taylor
5. G Elliott
6. J Neesham
7. L Ronchi+
8. M Santner
9. B Wheeler
10. M Henry
11. A Milne

Would be relying on Guptill to be the explosive Baz in the top order in that scenario, and Neesham the CJ.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, it's all a bit strange that it's being split up so that the LO component is this year, and the test compenent is next year. Might check in to see how Milne is doing now and then but otherwise I'll be giving this a miss.

NZTailender

Yeah, it's all a bit strange that it's being split up so that the LO component is this year, and the test compenent is next year. Might check in to see how Milne is doing now and then but otherwise I'll be giving this a miss.
We're touring SA next year for Tests?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
We're touring SA next year for Tests?
Yep, hell of a schedule coming up with India away, Australia home and away and SA away.

Most interested in how Jimmy comes back into the fold, and whether they find a way to optimise the obvious ability he has. Obvious Ish being included is exciting as well.

NZTailender

Yep, hell of a schedule coming up with India away, Australia home and away and SA away.

Most interested in how Jimmy comes back into the fold, and whether they find a way to optimise the obvious ability he has. Obvious Ish being included is exciting as well.
Where's a copy of the updated schedule? I can only find info of the tour of Africa, the Aus series and our home series.

Howsie

International Captain
Damn. It looks like we might be in for some piss poor summers coming up. Also good laugh we literally aren't hosted for a test series from like October 2016 till October 2018. David White what a hero.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Damn. It looks like we might be in for some piss poor summers coming up. Also good laugh we literally aren't hosted for a test series from like October 2016 till October 2018. David White what a hero.
Two be fair it takes two to tango. Remember the PCB's whining last year about how unprofitable it was to host NZ for a test series? Sri Lanka and WI feel exactly the same which is why neither of them are hosting us in the next 4 years.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hope that site isn't up to date. England supposedly only coming for 2 Tests next time around. Fan-****ing-tastic.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I hope that site isn't up to date. England supposedly only coming for 2 Tests next time around. Fan-****ing-tastic.
I wouldn't treat everything in there as locked in, but it's the most up-to-date schedule that's been publicly released (it's from November 2014 iirc). 28 non-zimbang tests in the next 4 years. yaaaaaayyyyy....

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Remember the PCB's whining last year about how unprofitable it was to host NZ for a test series?
Heh yeah. Good times...

"Last year the board had earned a handsome amount close to USD 9 million from sale of television rights by selling the series against South Africa and Sri Lanka separately to two different broadcasters," the source added.

"But this time the PCB has been forced to sell the Australia and New Zealand series in a bundle because the value of the New Zealand team among the broadcasters is very low, lower than even the Sri Lankan team," the source said.

He pointed out that while the PCB had got offers for the series against Australia, the same level of interest was not witnessed for the New Zealand rubber.

"The worst part for the PCB is that under the old FTP of the ICC they have to play three Tests against New Zealand. Against Australia also they were three Tests but the PCB and Australian cricket board jointly agreed to reduce one and increase the limited over matches and also add a T20 match to increase revenues from broadcasters and sponsors," he said.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thought it might be time to move on from Nathan McCullum, hopefully he's there purely to coax Santner & Sodhi along.

Also, how the hell does Latham get in ahead of Watling as the backup keeper? It can't be his ODI average of 23 & SR of 73. Especially considering Watling was one of the few success stories with the bat on the last African tour.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah fans are generally really bearish on Latham's white ball ceiling, aren't they.

Not that they ever hit you with a "try Henry Nicholls! Hit a ton against Pakistan, and he's killing Latham in the List A stats", or basically have much of a leg to stand on when you ask them for better young LO batting candidates that the selectors should really be pursuing on tours like this.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I am thrilled Latham got picked and I hope he plays.
Do I think he is a great white ball prospect? Not really.
I do think he will benefit from more exposure in front of large crowds with a view to helping his test game.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am thrilled Latham got picked and I hope he plays.
Do I think he is a great white ball prospect? Not really.
I do think he will benefit from more exposure in front of large crowds with a view to helping his test game.
Really? That's your rationale for wanting him to tour Zim and SA for some fairly meaningless ODIs?

Firstly, not sure how it will benefit his test game, which is in a pretty good place atm anyway & secondly, do you really think they'll attract big crowds for these tours?