• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any updates on NZ's tour of Oz later this year?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I think we might get 1 November test prior to their big main proper series against those enforcers who are "the windies'

Skyliner

International 12th Man
I was going to go to the test series NZ vs Australia in November but with still no information on dates forthcoming I'll have to scrap those plans; it's just related to the role I'm in and the need for certainty. Maybe the dearth of information is related to David White: no doubt he is desperately trying to get Australia to scrap even more of NZ's test matches to play ODIs and 20/20s instead.
Liar White says he wants NZ playing more tests, yet the upcoming tour of Zimbabwe will see us play no tests, then we are off to SA for no tests. In our summer SL turn up to play 2 tests, while PAK arrive for no tests. So reality is totally different to what White is spouting.
Why NZ fans put up with this crap is beyond me. White wants to relitigate the WC final for some reason.....he should understand that a significant part of the euphoria following NZs campaign was undone by our meek capitulation and tactical ineptitude in the final.
Meanwhile we have a test team unbeaten in 7 series's, and White is busy ensuring that they play as little test cricket as possible, while running a media PR campaign telling the public exactly the opposite.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Yes, White MUST go. Moreover, as soon as the England tour is over I am scrapping Sky Sport. Sports bodies get their revenue far and away from TV money. I get Sky to watch cricket, predominantly test cricket. I believe it's the same for many people. There are now a proliferation of sky sport channels and pop-ups which show too little cricket, just sports I have no interest in. Moreover, if cricket powers that be insist on the blinkered view that because there are only 5000 people at the ground that that means - in this age of saturation media coverage across all mediums - that no one cares about test cricket, then I will tell them that this is not the case at the same time as I withdraw my money from their clutches. If enough people do it, they will get the message. You need the purists and the enthusiasts to get others along to the ODIs.
White should have remembered that.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Here is a picture of David White for you to throw things at.

Or you could make a voodoo doll, up to you really.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Well that wouldn't achieve very much. Maybe White doesn't like test cricket because he was so crap at it himself. He's just a corporate bully boy now, paid mega bucks to lie and steam roll over dissenting voices. Don't you just admire people like that. And meanwhile our current successful era is being undermined by departures of the likes of Bond and Edgar. I reckon they would have made things uncomfortable for Bond, as payback for what he said about what happened in Sri Lanka. These big ego corporate types never forget: break the code of omertà, you'll get yours eventually. Same with Edgar; wouldn't toe the party line, go winkled out. Who cares what's good for the game - power and money winning at the expense of integrity and decency.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Despite your ranty tone and overwhelming smell of conspiracy theory, I think there's likely some truth in what you're saying. White has never impressed and noone will forget his behaviour around the Taylor captaincy affair. And our test cricket calendar is indeed a little disappointing, despite the mouthwatering prospect of playing Australia.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Despite your ranty tone and overwhelming smell of conspiracy theory, I think there's likely some truth in what you're saying. White has never impressed and noone will forget his behaviour around the Taylor captaincy affair. And our test cricket calendar is indeed a little disappointing, despite the mouthwatering prospect of playing Australia.
We don't know our test cricket calendar though. The FTP has been binned and everything is on a bi-lateral basis now - none of which has been revealed to the public. Beyond this coming summer we really have no idea what's in store for us.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Bugger it, I'm going to get to the Gabba, come hell or high water.
This summer it will be 30 years since Paddles had his finest hour and the boys did the business in our greatest test moment.
All lovers of NZ cricket, please join me on this pilgrimage to the Gabba, please make it a 'Blackwash' on day 1, please show the administrators on both sides of the Tasman how much test cricket means to us.
This is a call to arms!!

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
We don't know our test cricket calendar though. The FTP has been binned and everything is on a bi-lateral basis now - none of which has been revealed to the public. Beyond this coming summer we really have no idea what's in store for us.
I was referring to this coming summer - 3 tests (crossed fingers) vs Aus in Aus, 2 tests vs SL in NZ, 2 tests vs Aus in NZ, if I'm not mistaken. It's exciting because we're playing Australia and we should even be competitive, at least at home, but having two two-test series is pretty frustrating.

I was referring to this coming summer - 3 tests (crossed fingers) vs Aus in Aus, 2 tests vs SL in NZ, 2 tests vs Aus in NZ, if I'm not mistaken. It's exciting because we're playing Australia and we should even be competitive, at least at home, but having two two-test series is pretty frustrating.
Sanga v Boult round two should be good.

When is SA next touring here?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, but 7 is still the most tests we've played in a single summer since 2008/09. And we always tend to have relatively quiet test calendars following World Cup years. Around the 2007 World Cup, we didn't play a test between Sri Lanka's tour in December 2006 and our tour of South Africa in November 2007. Around the 2011 World Cup, we didn't play a single test between Pakistan's tour in January, and our tour of Zimbabwe in November.

I agree that having Pakistan over for a whistle-stop ODI tour is pointless and annoying. I'd much rather have just 2 countries visiting (Australia and preferably Pakistan given that SRL just toured last year), with at least 5 tests being played.

TheKiwiFan

Cricket Spectator
Hi guys! I'm an nz fan and would love a series vs oz. Does anyone have an idea on how many t20s and Odis shall be played?

Howsie

International Captain
'Kane Williamson will be 25 when he hits the 50 test mark, expect him to be 35 when he hits 100' Is scarily what I heard a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't matter what NZ cricket does in test cricket there isn't enough money made playing us.