• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Bangladesh 2015

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
After the usual stand off between PCB and BCB, Pakistan will tour Bangladesh. Pakistan government gave the green signal some days back. Officials arrived for measuring security concerns. As per the reports, tour will commence from April 17.

Bangladesh Cricket Board XI v Pakistanis
Wed Apr 15 (50 ovs) 03:30 GMT | 09:30 local
Khan Shaheb Osman Ali Stadium, Fatullah

1st ODI - Bangladesh v Pakistan
Fri Apr 17 (50 ovs) 08:30 GMT | 14:30 local
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

2nd ODI - Bangladesh v Pakistan
Sun Apr 19 (50 ovs) 08:30 GMT | 14:30 local

3rd ODI - Bangladesh v Pakistan
Wed Apr 22 (50 ovs) 08:30 GMT | 14:30 local

Only T20I - Bangladesh v Pakistan
Fri Apr 24 (20 ovs) 12:30 GMT | 18:30 local

1st Test - Bangladesh v Pakistan
Tue Apr 28 - Sat May 2 04:00 GMT | 10:00 local
Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium, Khulna

2nd Test - Bangladesh v Pakistan
Wed May 6 - Sun May 10 04:00 GMT | 10:00 local

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-sche...angladesh-2015

In the meantime, it's probably the first time that Younis had a change of heart

Younis had initially ruled himself out of Pakistan's tour to Bangladesh in April and May, and agreed to a deal with Yorkshire until late May. But he had a change of heart and has now declared himself available for that tour.

Last edited by a moderator:

Niall

International Coach
Bizarre, they have dropped Shezhad from tests, had done very well against Australia and New Zealand, and I actually think its his best format. His exclusion from the ODI squad is a tricky one, but can they play Azhar and he in the same side?
I assume it will be Babar or Sami opening instead, and still no sign of Fawad in the test squad, seems the most obvious replacement for Misbah long term.

ODIS? Perplexed about the lack of Babar in that squad though, and the inclusion of Shafiq is insane. His record in that format is dire, hopefully he is just carrying drinks. Umar been dropped is fair enough, he needs to get his attitude adjusted.

Although wouldn't have dropped him from t20, excluding from ODI cricket probably would have been enough to get the message across.

Pakistan Test squad: Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Sami Aslam, Misbah-ul-Haq (capt), Asad Shafiq, Azhar Ali, Younis Khan, Haris Sohail, Saeed Ajmal, Yasir Shah, Zulfiqar Babar, Sarfraz Ahmed, Wahab Riaz, Junaid Khan, Sohail Khan, Rahat Ali

Pakistan ODI squad: Sarfraz Ahmed, Mohammad Hafeez, Asad Shafiq, Fawad Alam, Azhar Ali (capt), Mohammad Rizwan, Haris Sohail, Sohaib Maqsood, Sami Aslam, Saeed Ajmal, Yasir Shah, Wahab Riaz, Rahat Ali, Ehsan Adil, Sohail Khan

Pakistan T20 squad: Ahmed Shehzad, Sarfraz Ahmed, Mohammad Hafeez, Mukhtar Ahmed, Sohaib Maqsood, Haris Sohail, Mohammad Rizwan, Saeed Ajmal, Shahid Afridi (capt), Sohail Tanvir, Saad Nasim, Wahab Riaz, Sohail Khan, Umar Gul, Junaid Khan

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, we'll see if he is anywhere near threatening with his new action.

Then again, it's Bangladesh so how threatening he still is might be misleading.
Bangladesh play spin pretty well, plus the pitches there are mostly very flat, it'll be a bit difficult to judge his performance.

BigBrother

U19 12th Man
Bangladesh play spin pretty well, plus the pitches there are mostly very flat, it'll be a bit difficult to judge his performance.
Compared to Zim, NZ maybe, in those conditions anyways. Not making them rank turners is their key to success here.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Any spinner (or bowler for that matter) that does well in Bangladesh must have some chops, pretty hard to consistently threaten on those pitches and Bangladesh are pretty decent as a batting side on them

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Bangladesh are favourites in their conditions now especially against Non-Asians sides. They played well in the world cup in conditions they barely even play on. Do not forget in the last few ODIs between Bangladesh-Pakistan it went to the wire and Afridi was the difference. Afridi has retired from ODIs.

Prediction:

ODIs - 2-1 to Bangladesh
Tests - 1-0 to Pakistan

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dropping Shehzad from the test squad is very very strange. There've been some disciplinary issues with him but if they wanted to punish him for that, why pick him in the t20 squad?

Niall

International Coach
Dropping Shehzad from the test squad is very very strange. There've been some disciplinary issues with him but if they wanted to punish him for that, why pick him in the t20 squad?
Pakistan logic!:laugh:

Afridi and he are very close, so maybe initially they were going to drop him from everything like they did with Umar, but he got involved?

I think Shezhad would have got the message to behave if he had been dropped from the limited overs stuff but retained for test cricket the format which is his strongest and the format where he did very well last year.

Babar or Aslam will open, both are very young and neither average close to 40, interesting to see how it pans out.

A lot of reasons not to pick Ajmal, age, and worry over his action. However as he has been so awesome for them, I understand the gamble, heck they have made much more left field calls recently. Worse case scenario, he bombs and they lose, plenty more series to play afterwards and no shame in losing to this Bangladesh side.

Test side

Hafeez
Babar/Aslam
Younis
Misbah
Shafiq
Sarfraz
Riaz/Junaid/Rahat
Rahat/Riaz/Junaid
Ajmal
Babar/Shah

ODI Side

Azhar
Sarfraz
Hafeez
Shafiq (ffs)
Fawad
Sohail
Maqsood
Shah
Wahab
Ajmal
Khan

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Test side

Hafeez
Babar/Aslam
Younis
Misbah
Shafiq
Sarfraz
Riaz/Junaid/Rahat
Rahat/Riaz/Junaid
Ajmal
Babar/Shah

ODI Side

Azhar
Sarfraz
Hafeez
Shafiq (ffs)
Fawad
Sohail
Maqsood
Shah
Wahab
Ajmal
Khan
I like how you've managed 16 options but yet only named 10 players in the Test team.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Few changes I would like to see in the team:

ODIs
- Soumya to open ( Anamul is injured)
- Mushfiq to come at no. 3 position
- Please don't pack the team with 8 batsmen. Someone like Nasir coming at no 8 is ridiculous
- Jubair, the leggie, should play as attacking and wicket taking option

Tests
- Would like to see neither of Soumya, Taskin in the Test Squad. They should instead play BCL, longer domestic format, which clashes with the series and build and prepare themselves more there before playing Tests. But knowing the culture, they will probably be blooded in
- Mominul should continue as prime no.3 in Tests
- Mushfiq should come before Shakib at no. 5 and Mullah at no. 4

* Khulna pitch is absolutely a belter, please grow some grass there

-

Niall

International Coach
That is a big loss for Pakistan, not many hitters in the side now with that and Umar and Afridi gone, its a big call, but if Hafeez fails his test, Bangladesh are big favs for the ODI series at least.

Azhar
Safraz
Hafeez
Shafiq
Sohail
Fawad
Nasim

(4 bowlers)

Its a very beatable side.
No clue what order they will put 4,5,6 and 7 in tbh though.

Xuhaib

International Coach
That is a big loss for Pakistan, not many hitters in the side now with that and Umar and Afridi gone, its a big call, but if Hafeez fails his test, Bangladesh are big favs for the ODI series at least.

Azhar
Safraz
Hafeez
Shafiq
Sohail
Fawad
Nasim

(4 bowlers)

Its a very beatable side.
No clue what order they will put 4,5,6 and 7 in tbh though.
yeah Bangers are favsf or odi's in my opinion however I will not mind a middle order of Asad,Haris and Fawad to be givin a run of 10-15 games I think the trio has potential to be a solid middle order for both the main formats.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Asad Shafiq struggling in odi's is a big mystery for me has a gun List A record, technically is quite good possibly the most technically correct batsman in Pakistan and his test record is decent which shows mentally he is also up to international cricket. Just one of those bizzare cases like Slater i think.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Not too much complain about the squad. Imrul Kayes dropped for good. Rony Talukdar comes in. He's playing domestically for now 7-8 years and performing pretty well. Liton Das, another young prospect was also in the contention but probably selectors want him to groom more in domestic games. He's in the form of his life though. Surprise inclusion is the bradman-esque Abul Hasan.

Bangladesh ODI squad: Mashrafe Mortaza (capt), Shakib Al Hasan (vice-capt), Tamim Iqbal, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Rony Talukdar, Soumya Sarkar, Mominul Haque, Nasir Hossain, Sabbir Rahman, Taskin Ahmed, Abul Hasan, Rubel Hossain, Arafat Sunny

BCB XI squad for practice match: Nasir Hossain (capt), Imrul Kayes, Rony Talukdar, Litton Das, Mominul Haque, Shuvagata Hom, Sohag Gazi, Al-Amin Hossain, Sabbir Rahman, Jubair Hossain, Taijul Islam, Abul Hasan, Muktar Ali, Mohammad Shahid

Niall

International Coach
yeah Bangers are favsf or odi's in my opinion however I will not mind a middle order of Asad,Haris and Fawad to be givin a run of 10-15 games I think the trio has potential to be a solid middle order for both the main formats.
Where is the hitters though? Not saying it should be only Afridi clones picked, but you need players like Maxwell, Buttler, Anderson etc who can cause carnage in the last 15 overs. I don't see where that comes from in that middle order. I dunno, they could be tempted to send Safraz down the order,, although Nasim did look like someone who could smash spinners a bit. I have only read about Rizwan, have you seen him, is he someone who could go mental once he gets in?