• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

28th Match - India v West Indies (6th March 2015)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 28th Match of the World Cup between India and West Indies (Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth).

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This is an easy game for India to lose, IMO. I don't think India will go undefeated through the group stages and this is an easy game to not bring 100%.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
This is an easy game for India to lose, IMO. I don't think India will go undefeated through the group stages and this is an easy game to not bring 100%.
Being at perth certainly brings WI quicks into play for sure, India struggled a bit with the bounce even against Afganistan (even if the result doesn't show it). Still backing India to win.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Windies struggled with their bowling the other day. Bring in Roach else you are a blunt attack.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
We could lose but honestly do not see it happening against WI. Think our bowling is too varied for them. Dhoni and Jadeja need to get some decent knocks before the big matches though.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I love how every India fan secretly wants India to lose this match just for the sake of losing a game before the quarters, as if losing will make us win the 3 knockout games.

I want a 6-0 in the group stages, and a loss here could even open the door for SA to sneak past us on NRR.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Windies has a comfortable win v Pakistan. They were all geared up for the game v South Africa. Were doing okay for a while in that game too, before South Africa just buried them in the sand. West Indies should do okay in this game. So either of the two teams can win. I don't see how any one can put India as huge favourites, despite their recent form. India has been in Australia that much longer than the other teams, and had that advantage for them in their earlier games, be it v South Africa or Pakistan. Now, the the other teams have been in the country for a while, and getting into their best possible form to.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think they're huge favourites because if Gayle and/ or Samuels go early, WI are likely to turn their toes up. Even if the WI bowlers restrict India, there's a real chance WI will fall in a massive hole. India has better batting depth, more than the advantage WI have in fast bowling.

Am hoping for a good game though.