• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World cup speed stats?

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Cricinfo doesn't appear to have the speedball stats for the WC. Does anyone know where I can find the stats for all the pacemen in this WC? In particular I would like the stats for the three Aussie quicks from yesterday. I think they all broke the 150kph mark.

Jimbo the giant

U19 12th Man
Cricinfo does in hawk eye. They had Johnson at 92.8mph or about 149.3 kmph. Hawk eye is not 100% accurate but I never saw Johnson bowl 150. The commentators were going gaga like he did when he hit McCullum but it wasn't 150.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I think Mitch was just under 150km/h. Starc just above. Cummins thereabouts as well.

Milne hit 151.5km/h, I think they said.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah Milne and Starc were the fastest and both got above 150. Johnson Cummins were 143-147. Boult 142-145. Southee 138-142.

SuperMurali

School Boy/Girl Captain
milne got over 150 at Eden Park. They flashed a couple of his speeds on the big screens. Crowd roared as if there was a streaker

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Thanks guys. I just had a look at hawkeye on cricinfo. Found Starc bowled one at around 153 yesterday. That's quick.

Just wish I didn't have to click on all the balls to get the speeds. I wonder if I could write to hawkeye people and get the stats.

Jimbo the giant

U19 12th Man
Thanks guys. I just had a look at hawkeye on cricinfo. Found Starc bowled one at around 153 yesterday. That's quick.

Just wish I didn't have to click on all the balls to get the speeds. I wonder if I could write to hawkeye people and get the stats.
Or just learn to use hawkeye properly

otagoman

School Boy/Girl Captain
There are 19 bowlers to have at least 1 ball over 90mph so far in the tournament

Wahab Riaz 96
Mitchell Starc 94.8
Adam Milne 94.2
Pat Cummins 94.1
Stuart Broad 93.4
Mitchell Johnson 93.3
Morne Morkel 93.1
Umesh Yadav 92.6
Mohammad Irfan 92.6
Jerome Taylor 92.2
Dale Steyn 92.1
Sohail Khan 91.4
Rubel Hossain 90.7
Trent Boult 90.6
Mohammed Shami 90.6
Chris Woakes 90.5
Wayne Parnell 90.5
Steven Finn 90.2
Hamid Hassan 90.1

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Broad showing Johnson who is boss.

Remember when Finn was getting it down at 154 km/h and looked amazing against India and Pakistan in ODI and T20 cricket? Seems a long time ago.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
There are 19 bowlers to have at least 1 ball over 90mph so far in the tournament

Wahab Riaz 96
Mitchell Starc 94.8
Adam Milne 94.2
Pat Cummins 94.1
Stuart Broad 93.4
Mitchell Johnson 93.3
Morne Morkel 93.1
Umesh Yadav 92.6
Mohammad Irfan 92.6
Jerome Taylor 92.2
Dale Steyn 92.1
Sohail Khan 91.4
Rubel Hossain 90.7
Trent Boult 90.6
Mohammed Shami 90.6
Chris Woakes 90.5
Wayne Parnell 90.5
Steven Finn 90.2
Hamid Hassan 90.1
So all teams except Zim, Sri Lanka and three associates are represented.

mintykip

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Broad showing Johnson who is boss.

Remember when Finn was getting it down at 154 km/h and looked amazing against India and Pakistan in ODI and T20 cricket? Seems a long time ago.
Yeah the Finn this is interesting and concerning, that remodelled action looks awkward and doesn't seem to be doing him any favours. I'm guessing he has had some sort of action remodelling? Either that or he's completely gone to **** and is just legging it in and lobbing it down

Spark

Global Moderator
That Riaz reading was anomalous ftr, the statisticians said that every other ball he bowled was 140s at best.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry but I can't see how Finn has reached 90 this tournament, he looks an 85 mph at top speed bowler now. Shadow of the fiery bloke mentioned above on that India tour.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
That Riaz reading was anomalous ftr, the statisticians said that every other ball he bowled was 140s at best.
Eh? Plenty of his other balls were high 140's (ie above 90 mph) rather than just "140s at best".