• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

24th Match - Ireland v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 24th Match of the World Cup between Ireland and South Africa (Manuka Oval, Canberra).

Flem274*

123/5
I love watching South Africa play but God it would be so great if Ireland find a way to jump them somehow.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If Philander is fit I would still leave him out, I'm really impressed with Abbott and think he did enough against WI to keep his spot. SA will want de Kock and Faf to make a contribution.

Niall

International Coach
Way to big of a gulf between these 2, for it to be even competitive sadly.

Ireland probably should gamble on Young or Chase, but to be fair to those 2 lads, its very early in their careers, so can't expect to much against the likes of Amla and AB.

andmark

International Captain
It's going to be a massive victory for SA. I can seriously see them scoring 350+ if they bat first given the mediocrity of the Irish bowling.

Niall

International Coach
It's going to be a massive victory for SA. I can seriously see them scoring 350+ if they bat first given the mediocrity of the Irish bowling.
To be honest, they should be aiming for more than 350 against Ireland if they bat first, close to 400 or so should be the target. India will be aiming for that sort of score I reckon.

andmark

International Captain
Yeah, 400 isn't completely out of sight given the destructiveness of the SA batsmen. As Jono said, Ireland must bat first if they're to have a chance.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Need Ireland to bat first. A must.
To be honest, they should be aiming for more than 350 against Ireland if they bat first, close to 400 or so should be the target. India will be aiming for that sort of score I reckon.
Yeah, 400 isn't completely out of sight given the destructiveness of the SA batsmen. As Jono said, Ireland must bat first if they're to have a chance.
Feel like I'm missing something here. Ireland should bowl first without even thinking about it, and their best chance of a result is if South Africa do something really stupid like aiming for 400.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Although I just noticed it's a day-nighter, which makes batting first a less terrible option.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Feel like I'm missing something here. Ireland should bowl first without even thinking about it, and their best chance of a result is if South Africa do something really stupid like aiming for 400.
Yeah, especially considering Ireland's strength has historically been chasing -- 3 out of the 6 300+ chases in World Cups, isn't it?