• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammed Amir cleared to return with immediate effect

cnerd123

likes this
Mohammad Amir allowed to return to Pakistan domestic cricket | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Amir has been allowed to return to domestic cricket under the auspices of the PCB with immediate effect. Amir's five-year ban for his role in spot-fixing during Pakistan's tour of England in 2010 was due to end on September 2.

The ICC said after its board meeting in Dubai: "The ACSU Chairman [Ronnie Flanagan] had exercised the powers vested in him under Article 6.8 of the ICC Anti-Corruption Code after he was satisfied that Amir had cooperated with the ACSU by fully disclosing his part in the matters that led to his disqualification, admitting his guilt, showing remorse and cooperating with the Unit's ongoing investigations and by recording messages for the ACSU education sessions."
With the Pakistan domestic season about to finish before starting again in October, Amir's only chance of competitive cricket would be a possible return in the Super Eight T20 Cup in Pakistan after the World Cup. However, a few Grade 1 teams had already shown a keen interest to sign the player for next season. National Bank of Pakistan, who had revoked Amir's contract after his ban, later offered to retain the bowler upon his return.

Thoughts?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Served his time I guess.

I don't think he should be playing again but I don't think he should've been in prison either.

Hope he earns his place if he gets it.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still think it should've been a life ban. but he's done the time, I guess. Hopefully he's good enough to come back to the national side and get smashed back to the domestic scene.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
agree, should have been a life ban but since he has served his time, so be it..hopefully he wont be so stupid this time..

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hopefully he isn't the stupid kid he was. I think I'll always take pleasure in him getting smashed by the batsman now too.

viriya

International Captain
I don't think it should've been a life ban.. I know the usual arguments but he was 19 ffs..

cnerd123

likes this
Wonder if the Pak selectors will rush him back into the Nat side for the coming NZ ODIs. Apparently he has spent his off-time bowling in the nets and even working on his batting. If he's goes well in the NZ ODIs they could try and sneak him into the WC squad in case of an injury.

Is there any domestix stuff happening around the world that he can get a shot in?

Xuhaib

International Coach
Wonder if the Pak selectors will rush him back into the Nat side for the coming NZ ODIs. Apparently he has spent his off-time bowling in the nets and even working on his batting. If he's goes well in the NZ ODIs they could try and sneak him into the WC squad in case of an injury.

Is there any domestix stuff happening around the world that he can get a shot in?
No he is not getting in to the side without playing atleast one full season of FC cricket. England tour of 2016 is the most realistic time for his comeback.

I do think he was manipulated though should have received a lift ban anyways 5 years is a very long time i would be very surprised if he is up to it mentally aswell as physically have also heard report many current players have told the PCB privately that they would feel uneasy with him in the dressing room.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He should have to seriously lift up his game as a person and as a player before being allowed back in the dressing room.

Xuhaib

International Coach
he fo sure will get another go but I will be very surprised if he's up for it.5 years of no cricket what so ever will surely impact your skills especially at an age when you can develop them the most on top of that the mental barriers he has to overcome the crowd chanting "No ball" every time he runs in to bowl would take an insane level of mental toughness to over come it.

OverratedSanity

Regardless of how good he is with the ball, he could be absolutely toxic for the dressing room atmosphere, which already isn't Pakistan's strength. Would think PCB would take that into account when considering selections. Or maybe not, because they're dumb ****s.

morgieb

Meh. By the time the Pakistani season starts up again at FC level his ban will be over, so in reality this overturning is cosmetic.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Meh. By the time the Pakistani season starts up again at FC level his ban will be over, so in reality this overturning is cosmetic.
during the summers a lot of club T-20 tournaments take place all these clubs are affiliated to the PCB so the participating players have to be approved by PCB many FC cricketers use these tourneys to keep themselves match fit in the off season and make some side money

flibbertyjibber

I just hope he never plays county cricket over here. Shouldn't be allowed back and if fans worldwide are to boo any player then this is the guy to boo.