• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup 2015 - Draft

kingkallis

International Coach
Dear CWers,

We played World Cup Draft 2011 which was good fun now its time for World Cup 2015 Draft. It will be interesting to see if India can defent the title as teams like South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Pakistan, England are looking decent ODI outfits.

So lets play 'World Cup 2015' Draft.

Rules :

1) - Each participant can have maximum 2 players from each ODI playing nation.

2) - Each participant will have to pick their player in 12 hours. There will be NO penalty and you can pick whenever you come online if you miss your turn.

3) - If someone has selected a 3rd player from the same country, which is not allowed or a player who has already been selected then they will have to repick/replace their player. Drafter next to them will be able to pick right after the selection evem if the previous drafters picked a wrong player.

4) - Performance of the players in the 'World Cup 2015' will decide the winner of this draft game instead of voting.

Points based system would be employed and runs, wickets, catches, run outs, stumping, ERs, SRs will be taken into consideration. The point calculation system is attached as well.

5) - Participants / teams will have to make sure that your teams has one of the following combination :

5 batsman | 2 all rounders | 1 wicket keeper | 3 bowlers
4 batsman | 3 all rounders | 1 wicket keeper | 3 bowlers

6) - If a player gets injured in between then 'his' replacement will automatically become 'your' replacement.

7) Random orders will be generated for round 1,3,5,7,9,11 and 2,4,6,8,10 will be the reverse of 1,3,5,7,9.

Interested members please post in the thread so we can start the game ASAP.

Regards

Attachments

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
The points will be calculated automatically as soon as my team submits the Scorecard in the system. I will give you all a link to view the same.

kingkallis

International Coach
I will take 10 drafters to start the game.

1. KingKallis
2. weldone
3. G.I.Joe
4. Red Hill
5. Cabinet96
6. longranger
7. anil1405
8. Jimbo the giant

2 more to go!

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
KK- how about making SR bonus % of rus scored. So you get more bonus for run-a-ball 100 compared to run-a-ball 30? Something similar can be done for bowler ER bonus too. May be ER bonus equals balls bowled less the runs given.

kingkallis

International Coach
I would like to participate, although I haven't done one of these before.
We will draw orders for 11 rounds. Upon your turn you have to pick a playr of your choice. Just make sure you do not break the rules. Build a team of 11 with given combinations and then let the work cup begin.

Your players will gain or lose points with their performance.

kingkallis

International Coach
Drafters:

1. KingKallis
2. weldone
3. G.I.Joe
4. Red Hill
5. Cabinet96
6. longranger
7. anil1405
8. Jimbo the giant
9. WalkingWicket
10. Zinzan
11. SaintKopite

I dont mind going with 12 players so Ankit are you interested in playing?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Rock on. Have all the squads for the WC been announced?