• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Pakistan win their first ever WC match against India?

Will Pakistan finally record their first WC win against India? - 2019 edition

• Total voters

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
It's been 5-0 in 50 over format and 4-0 in 20 over format in favour of India. Will the Pakistani jinx be finally broken? Discuss.

Last edited:

Noah

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'd be betting on India. The Indian bowlers disgracing themselves probably evens the field; however, OD cricket rewards teams with better batters and the glut of superb Indian batsmen gives them the edge at this stage.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The SL v Pakistan one looks amazing but 6 out if those 7 matches happened before 1996 when SL weren't really that good.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
There are a few other jinxes between the top 8 teams:

- India has never beaten South Africa in 3 attempts
- Pakistan has never beaten South Africa in 3 attempts
- Sri Lanka has never beaten Pakistan in 7 attempts !!

Team records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo
The SL v Pakistan one looks amazing but 6 out if those 7 matches happened before 1996 when SL weren't really that good.
But none of those winless records extend to world T20, except the one for Pakistan vs India.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...e=results;trophy=89;type=team;view=opposition

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You realise the two tests I attended in the Australian series India didn't lose right? I am now a good luck charm.

brockley

International Captain
I dunno,but i know its sold out and will have over a billion viewers,more than that of a basketball or rugby World cup game.