• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Default I Am Back!

JBMAC

State Captain
Default I Am Back!
Default I Am Back!

Been M.I.A. of late. Fell down set of stairs breaking my ankle in 3 different places. Transported by ambulance to hospital where subsequent Xrays revealed worse case scenario. So off to surgery I go which is supposed to last 3-4 hours. Some seven hours later,she who must be obeyed is frantically searching hospital for me. Finally finds me in Coronary Care. Apparently, I had an embolism which gave a heart scare BUT THERE IS MORE. Finally foundut today I actualllly passed away during the procedure and it took a couple of hours,give or take, to revive me. So I am backand let me assure you there were no magical lights, tunnels or late relatives coming to meet me. It was just a nothingness so GMuz is right aand Pathos is wrong. So there is a first hand death experience

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
JB it just wasn't your time mate - when it is and St Peter opens the pearly gates for you Slasher Mackay will be waiting for you and you'll be walking out together at the 'Gabba needing to bat all day to save the first Test, and you'll need to hang around with us a while yet as Snow and Willis are due to bowl at you, and they're currently unavailable

So stop the mountain goat impersonations, watch where you're going and take a bit more care - can I suggest a more sedantary pastime might me more appropriate for a man of your seniority? Posting here more often would be a good start

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So good to see you back from the brink JB :)

Take care, and follow Martin's advice!

Any new perspectives on life? ;)

dogwalker

U19 Captain
You've come back from the dead and you're posting on a cricket forum? Get to your nearest brothel by way of your local drug dealer and liquor store, ffs.

the big bambino

International Captain
Default I Am Back!
Default I Am Back!

Been M.I.A. of late. Fell down set of stairs breaking my ankle in 3 different places. Transported by ambulance to hospital where subsequent Xrays revealed worse case scenario. So off to surgery I go which is supposed to last 3-4 hours. Some seven hours later,she who must be obeyed is frantically searching hospital for me. Finally finds me in Coronary Care. Apparently, I had an embolism which gave a heart scare BUT THERE IS MORE. Finally foundut today I actualllly passed away during the procedure and it took a couple of hours,give or take, to revive me. So I am backand let me assure you there were no magical lights, tunnels or late relatives coming to meet me. It was just a nothingness so GMuz is right aand Pathos is wrong. So there is a first hand death experience
Glad to see you made it but are you sure you haven't walked into the wrong room?

BeeGee

International Captain
Good to have you back mate. I look forward to hearing more first hand cricketing stories from before my time.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Terrific to have you back on board JB. Good to know you're on the mend, and it wasn't the end!

bagapath

International Captain
That was so close to the edge of the blade, sir. I am glad you are doing fine. My love to you and your wife. Make the most of it and go past the great Don's final average.

Kirkut

International Regular
Well, medical science is still in its infancy to understand the concept of birth and death so we'll leave it there itself. Not that I belong to some orthodox religious group.

You seem like a senior man to me, take care of your health and take life easy. Life tests people in very weird ways.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Welcome back J.B and glad that you are better. As usual you have to upstage the rest of us with your experiences.

Best of health and I look forward to many more stories of the cricketing kind.

Best of health mate.