• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Toe swell cricket bat

Linusm

Cricket Spectator
Hey everyone,
A while ago the toe of my cricket bat swelled up because I was playing in damp conditions. I dried it out and continue to play as normal. I was wondering how I can get rid of the bump as it really annoys me.
Do I sand it or knock it back in?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hey everyone,
A while ago the toe of my cricket bat swelled up because I was playing in damp conditions. I dried it out and continue to play as normal. I was wondering how I can get rid of the bump as it really annoys me.
Do I sand it or knock it back in?
I suspect you messed up. It is important to stand the bat upright when drying it so the water seeps out.

I don't really know what to suggest now. Hopefully someone else knows.

Riggins

International Captain
you could plane it back if you wanted. it's not gonna change the performance at all. who gives a **** imo.