• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Sri Lanka in India 2014

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thu Oct 30 (50 ovs)
India A v Sri Lankans
Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai

Sun Nov 2 (50 ovs)
1st ODI - India v Sri Lanka
Barabati Stadium, Cuttack

Thu Nov 6 (50 ovs)
2nd ODI - India v Sri Lanka
Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad

Sun Nov 9 (50 ovs)
3rd ODI - India v Sri Lanka
Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad

Thu Nov 13 (50 ovs)
4th ODI - India v Sri Lanka
Eden Gardens, Kolkata

Sun Nov 16 (50 ovs)
5th ODI - India v Sri Lanka
JSCA International Stadium Complex, Ranchi

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
The proximity of the WC surely gives this series enough context to be worth it, I'm personally quite interested to see how some of the fringe SL players go with the WC in mind

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This could be the most pointless of the last decade of Ind vs. SL ODI series.
08-10 was the ****ing worst.

Feb 08 - C'wealth bank series
Jun 08 - Asia Cup
August 08 - 5 match series
Jan 09 - Another 5 match series
Sep 09 - Tri series with NZ and SL
Dec 09 - 5 match series
Jan 10 - Tri series with Bangladesh and SL
Jun 10 - Asia Cup
Aug 10 - Tri series with NZ and SL

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No Herath or Malinga? We should win this despite how good the Lankans have looked this year.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
One cannot make much assessment for the WC based on such a series. Many Indian batsmen can put bowlers to the cleaners in India but you do not know how they will perform in Australia based on that.

Similarly, the dibbly dobblers may contain some what in India but can they do it similarly in Australia with little assistance to swing or will they be smacked all around the park, you can never tell.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
I feel bad for Lanka players. They were on a break and preparing steadily for the England series yet out of nowhere this Indian series was arranged. But the amount of ODI Cricket these 2 teams play is beyond ridiculous. They are dominating all the stats.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
No Herath or Malinga? We should win this despite how good the Lankans have looked this year.
Yeah I'm guessing 3-2 India's way, suspect we'll show up for a couple games but this side doesn't quite have the quality to maintain a good consistent level across a series off this kind of preparation, still a good chance for individuals to stand up though

YorksLanka

International Debutant
i agree, i think this series is just being seen as a run out for our untested players and i expect India to win it ...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great stuff this but SL dropped catches helped.

India need around 330 minimum considering dew.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
woo hoo we got a wicket !! - actually , just saw the replay, he got himself out boo..

Last edited:

andmark

International Captain
Given how this tour came about and the timing of Malinga's injury, Lahiru Gamage is considerably lucky.

Finally a wicket. Good toss to lose?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Was happy to see Rayudu at 4 in the sheet. Raina batting at 3 and Kohli at 4 is utter bollocks. ****s. We all know they are going to Australia in the WC ways no matter what. FFS. This constant tease with Rayudu is the most ridiculous thing I have seen since Noel David played for India.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great to see Rahane firmly establishing himself now in the ODI side. Was clear he had the chops as an opener. Also good that as a result of this Rohit ****s off.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
some lovely batting from Raina, i do enjoy watching him bat and he is in great form at the moment..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Don't be surprised if Rohit ends up in the middle order. As long as he is out of the opening slot - which would have been a complete disaster in ODIs in Australia, at least that's one disaster less.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Was happy to see Rayudu at 4 in the sheet. Raina batting at 3 and Kohli at 4 is utter bollocks. ****s. We all know they are going to Australia in the WC ways no matter what. FFS. This constant tease with Rayudu is the most ridiculous thing I have seen since Noel David played for India.
Rayudu has been given enough chances and honestly he doesn't quite have the temperament for batting. He lets the score stall until eventually he skips down the track and gets out. Rohit Sharma should be a straight swap for Rayudu anyways @ 4 so it doesn't matter.