• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

«INDIAN CRICKET FANS» Pick your Ideal Squad!

Rozko

Cricket Spectator
ICC World Cup 15 is just 3 and half months near, as It will be hosted in New Zealand and Australia's fast bouncy pitch, pick your top 3 bowlers who you think will dominant batsmen with pace in Australia and an Ideal 11 man squad.

kingkallis

International Coach
Bhuvnesh, Shami and Ishant - 3 pacers.

Ideal XI

Shikhar Dhawan ( Don't see him doing any good on fast and bouncy pitches though )
Murali Vijay
Chet Pujara
Virat Kohli
Ajinkya Rahane
MS Dhoni
Ravindra Jadeja ( If Rohit is not fit )
Ravichandran Ashwin
Bhuvneshwar Kumar
Mohammad Shami
Ishant Sharma

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dhawan
Rahane
Kohli
Rohit
Raina
Utthappa
Dhoni
Bhuvi
Mishra
Aaron
Yadav

Fifth bowling duties to be shared by Raina, Kohli, and Rohit.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Squad of 16:

MSD (*) (+)
Kohli (vc)
Pujara
Rahane
Raina
Dhawan
Uthappa (+)
Rohit (if unfit, Vijay)
Ashwin
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Yadav
Aaron
Shami
Mohit Sharma
Mishra

Would like Irfan Pathan if he can demonstrate match fitness and some good form before the tournament.

Best XI:

Rohit/Dhawan/Vijay
Rahane
Pujara
Kohli
Raina
MSD (+)
Jadeja
---
Bhuvi
---
---

Remaining bowlers slots based on form and conditions

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Not confident about Raina in the first XI on bouncy tracks for the WC. or Rohit Sharma despite his runs in Australia ages ago.

I want Rayudu or even Pujara in there.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
India WC XI:

1. Dhawan
2. Rahane
3. Kohli
4. Raina
5. Rohit
6. Dhoni*+
7. Jadeja
8. Ashwin
9. Bhuvaneshwar (1)
10. Shami
11. Aaron (2)

Jadeja is a very useful player to have in an ODI tournament - tight bowling, great fielding and able to score quick runs too. Not many teams will be playing a World Cup in Australia with 2 spinners, but I feel that India cannot do better than the 3 pacers listed.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Thoughts on Naman Ojha as reserve keeoer for Australia tests/WC?

Had a top tour of Ausrralia and made a double in the Duleep semis.

anil1405

International Captain
Had a great last 6-12 months in domestic cricket plus performed very well down under recently as you mentioned....I would surely have him as backup keeper in squad. But knowing the selectors I highly doubt if they would pick him.

cnerd123

likes this
He's okay behind the stumps, what I remember from his time at RR he's about average. Not bad but not brilliant.

I reckon he's a bit of a flat-track bully, but if he keeps scoring runs his name will pop up eventually. He did get picked to go to Zimbabwe after all.

As for Aus/WC - nah. Saha is already set as part of the squad, is even playing these SL ODIs. They won't bring in Ojha from the cold and just dump Saha so quickly.

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
We desperately need that all-rounder who could bat at seventh and be the fifth bowler. Akshar has done well and Jadeja is good but both are good for subcontinental conditions. Not sure if they are ideal options in Australia and New Zealand.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
What do you guys think of various Indian spinners - Ashwin, Karn Sharma, Axar Patel, Mishra, Kuldeep Yadav? Who should make the WC squad?