• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2014

cnerd123

likes this
Such a pointless series. Dhawan Kohli Che will fill their boots with cheap runs, the spinners will rake in easy wickets, everyone will get happy and that false sense of all iz well will fill the squad.

If India is serious about becoming a better test side, they'd let Che and Aaron stay in England, and send Virat, Yadav, Dhawan, Jaddu, Ashwin, Bhuvi, etc all there too. Just play a second string XI. Let Raina captain. They'll probably still win anyways, and even if they don't, it doesnt really matter.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If India is serious about becoming a better test side, they'd let Che and Aaron stay in England, and send Virat, Yadav, Dhawan, Jaddu, Ashwin, Bhuvi, etc all there too.
You do realise it's October in England, the cricket season's ended and it's pissing down don't you? Not sure what sending the team there at this stage would achieve?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Such a pointless series. Dhawan Kohli Che will fill their boots with cheap runs, the spinners will rake in easy wickets, everyone will get happy and that false sense of all iz well will fill the squad.

If India is serious about becoming a better test side, they'd let Che and Aaron stay in England, and send Virat, Yadav, Dhawan, Jaddu, Ashwin, Bhuvi, etc all there too. Just play a second string XI. Let Raina captain. They'll probably still win anyways, and even if they don't, it doesnt really matter.
Pujara has had a good little county stint and made a decent amount of runs. Scored his first county hundred a couple of weeks back and also got a 90 in the game before. Should give him a lot of confidence, hopefully.

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
So WI have now lost both tour games to India A. Awesome.
A full strength side hasn't played in either of the games...

Smith, Dwayne Bravo, Russell, Narine (now Benn as his replacement) never played the first game

Then Darren Bravo and Simmons were injured in the second along with the players above not playing again..it got so bad even David Williams put on his pads to have a bat :D

I'm just glad our pacers got a good workout and so did some of the batsmen!!...when the serious stuff starts i expect us to put up a better fight.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A full strength side hasn't played in either of the games...

Smith, Dwayne Bravo, Russell, Narine (now Benn as his replacement) never played the first game

Then Darren Bravo and Simmons were injured in the second along with the players above not playing again..it got so bad even David Williams put on his pads to have a bat :D

I'm just glad our pacers got a good workout and so did some of the batsmen!!...when the serious stuff starts i expect us to put up a better fight.
Are you serious?! The India A team has Bumrah, Chand, Nair,Samson, Tiwari,Gurkeerat Singh and Karn Sharma. Apart from Murali Vijay, Mishra and Stuart Binny I cant see a single bloke who has an India cap. You'd expect a team consisting of Bravo, Simmons, Samuels, Roach, Rampaul, Taylor, Holder, Sammy, Pollard, who've all played a lot of international cricket to win against rookies ffs.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Are you serious?! The India A team has Bumrah, Chand, Nair,Samson, Tiwari,Gurkeerat Singh and Karn Sharma. Apart from Murali Vijay, Mishra and Stuart Binny I cant see a single bloke who has an India cap. You'd expect a team consisting of Bravo, Simmons, Samuels, Roach, Rampaul, Taylor, Holder, Sammy, Pollard, who've all played a lot of international cricket to win against rookies ffs.
When a team are just getting into the groove then results at this stage aren't really important. Our A-team hasn't lost a series in years...doesn't really matter at the end of the day.The most important thing is for the guys to get some time on the park.

cnerd123

likes this
WindiesWeathers.

Has a sig boasting about West Indies' cricketing achievements.

Makes posts saying results aren't important.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
WindiesWeathers.

Has a sig boasting about West Indies' cricketing achievements.

Makes posts saying results aren't important.

1. i warned you and you have now been reported

2. i said results involving A-TEAMS aren't important..please try to comprehend posts before jumping to conclusions.

Spark

Global Moderator
*sigh* this is tedious as **** in other thread, please don't start it here as well.

and no, right now i don't care who started it.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
ODIs in India aren't any good for preparing for a WC in Aus/NZ IMO.
Yes they are, there's more to getting ready for a world cup than playing in the right conditions, firstly, the groundsmen might be instructed to prepare pitches more in line with Aus/NZ, and secondly the team combinations can be perfected in terms of getting guys in the right batting positions, getting the right guys bowling at the death and grooming guys on the fringe to come in and play a role if needed for example.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
*sigh* this is tedious as **** in other thread, please don't start it here as well.

and no, right now i don't care who started it.
Don't be like that - ***** came in and started posting like an ass, all there is to it