• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajmal Action Reported

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Saeed Ajmal reported for suspected illegal bowling action - ICC Cricket

Pakistan off-spinner Saeed Ajmal has been reported with a suspected illegal bowling action during his side’s seven-wicket loss in the first Test match against Sri Lanka at Galle International Stadium on Sunday.

The match officials’ report, which was handed over to Pakistan team manager Moin Khan on Sunday, cited concerns over a number of deliveries that were considered to be suspect and concluded that the bowler’s action needed to be tested.

Ajmal’s bowling action will now be scrutinised further under the ICC process relating to suspected illegal bowling actions reported in Tests, ODIs and T20Is. He is required to undergo testing within 21 days, and, during this period, Ajmal is permitted to continue bowling in international cricket until the results of the testing are known.
Crikey.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
I thought people only complain when they lose? He has gotten off free for far too long, nothing will happen anyway.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ajmal's going to pass with flying colours, my Pakistani friend who is a sports columnist, assures me. That she has not been to Pakistan in the last three years, however, is not reassuring.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
This time test a guy with a "clean" action too. Testing Herath / Perera and Ajmal both will be a good starting point to examine the accuracy of the methods used as well as to get an idea of what is actuallt "illegal" extension.