• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

training during off season

ak47

Cricket Spectator
. i m a batsman and wicketkeeper i wanted to know wt sort of exercise should i do along with cardio during my off season ? v dnt have off season training camps here in my city ? and should i do weight training like deadlifts, kettlebell swings, etc. will it help me gain more strength and increase my power while playing shots ? also i m a bulky guy n i dont wanna increase my size, so what sort of exercise should i do. that wont bulk me n increase my strength ? by strength i mean strength of my shoulder, legs and core

Riggins

International Captain
how old are you and what level are you playing at? need to be careful with some things depending on what stage of development you're at.

cardio - try to build up some sort of cardio base by going for some mid distance runs. specifically, do as much interval training as you can. for example run as far as you can in 7 seconds, mark that distance and then do a loop of 7 second sprint, 23 second walk/jog back to start for as long as you can.

gym - lower body and core are the most important for playing. arms the most important for picking up chicks. gotta find some sort of balance. squats and deadlifts etc. are good, but if you don't know what you're doing they can really **** up your back. depending on your facilities its usually just as effective to just do body weight stuff for your upper body work: pull-ups, push-ups, dips etc.