• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

is paul harris the worst bowler to take 100+ wickets?

Riggins

International Captain
self explan.

was chatting with my brother.

a more caring person might include lists and stats etc.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Harris wasn't too bad I thought, did the holding role pretty well in the company of a good pace attack, but was capable of little else I suppose, I note Harris had a better average and economy rate than Ashley Giles, who is probably one of the best comparisons on that list

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hooper wasn't in for his bowling so gets a bit of leeway. I think a player getting that many wickets with his weakest part of his game should be applauded. could almost give Shastri the same as he was an opener for a while but the fact he is a **** makes you discount that.

The English lads are all worthy contenders, Emburey probably the best of them and not helped by being picked late in his career when he wasn't up to it.

Giles or Harris for me.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hasn't Ravi Shastri got 100+?

He's probably yer boy, if so.

Harris was a wily kinda bowler. Not much in the way of turn or dip, but varied his pace quite well and was rarely collared like some of his Saffer slow option successors have been.

Daemon

Bowling his stupid leg stump line to Sehwag while he nonchalantly kept making room and smacking him through covers on the way to 319 was the highlight of Harris' career

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Played club cricket with DeFreitas and I cannot believe that he took 140 test wickets - reasonable grade bowler but would have been lucky to have played state cricket in Oz

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Harris wasn't too bad I thought, did the holding role pretty well in the company of a good pace attack, but was capable of little else I suppose, I note Harris had a better average and economy rate than Ashley Giles, who is probably one of the best comparisons on that list
Yeah this. Easy to say in hindsight, but South Africa dropping him for Tahir was a poor call, at least for tests in SA and Aus.

Uppercut

Hasn't Ravi Shastri got 100+?

He's probably yer boy, if so.

Harris was a wily kinda bowler. Not much in the way of turn or dip, but varied his pace quite well and was rarely collared like some of his Saffer slow option successors have been.
I think he benefited from his spiceboy haircut, infuriating style of batting and generally annoying face. Seemed to get a lot of his wickets from batsmen trying to smash him as a matter of principle.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think he benefited from his spiceboy haircut, infuriating style of batting and generally annoying face. Seemed to get a lot of his wickets from batsmen trying to smash him as a matter of principle.
Jeez, did he dump yer sister or something?

Much more worthy cricketing targets of the UC ire, for my tuppence.

cnerd123

likes this
It's surprising how many of the top 10 in that list are left arm spinners

Boje, Shastri, Rafique, Giles, Harris.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I loved Harris.

Made Tendulkar and Dravid his bitch in 06 to win SA their home series. One of my worst cricket memories.

Last edited: