• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pace bowlers with shortest run ups

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Which pace bowler has had the shortest run up?? I remember Amarnath would literally just jog in before delivering the ball and had quite a short run up(although he was just medium pace). What are other such examples??

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sylvers didn't have a long run up but from what I've read I'd suggest the shortest was probably Eddie Gilbert who just shuffled in for a few paces before knocking Bradman's bat out of his hand

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sylvers didn't have a long run up but from what I've read I'd suggest the shortest was probably Eddie Gilbert who just shuffled in for a few paces before knocking Bradman's bat out of his hand
Came here to post about Gilbert. I hear Keith Miller had a short run up too.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kumble and Afridi

Not even joking really, as Afridi has been clocked close to 135 kph off just 4 paces

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
In 1977 Mick Malone bowled all day from one end at the Oval bar a couple of overs before lunch. His run up got shorter and shorter after tea.

stumpski

International Captain
That right - and his flannels got redder.

Needed Willis and Hendrick to get us past 200 IIRC.

the big bambino

International Captain
Looking forward to Karan's next thread about spinners with the longest run up. :ph34r: As for this thread Maurice Tate came in off 7 paces but for genuine expresses can't go past Fred's call of Eddie Gilbert.