• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Associate Draft

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd quite like to do an associates draft. Not sure what current protocol is regarding running drafts as I haven't taken part in one for ages, but I'll sure Watson can steer me along the right path.

Basically, anyone who has ever played international cricket as an associate is eligible, but only their record pre-Test status counts. So you can pick Zimbabweans, Bangladeshis and Sri Lankans but only their pre-Test playing records count. Also, no one from countries that gained Test status pre-1980 is eligible.

Those players which have played for both an associate and a Test nation (e.g. Joyce, Morgan, Nannes etc.) are also rendered ineligible.

Selecting a team to compete in a first class Intercontinental Cup style comp.

Draft Order:

Fred - Bart King
BFP - Steve Tikolo
Heef - Ryan ten Doeschate
Ashwell
Dan
Howe
Camo
Morgie
Brockley

Brockley
Morgs
Camo
Howe
Dan
Asher D
Heef
BFP
Fred

Fred
BFP
Heef
Ashwell
Dan
Howe
Camo
Morgie
Brockley

Brockley
Morgs
Camo
Howe
Dan
Asher D
Heef
BFP
Fred

Fred
BFP
Heef
Ashwell
Dan
Howe
Camo
Morgie
Brockley

Brockley
Morgs
Camo
Howe
Dan
Asher D
Heef
BFP
Fred

Fred
BFP
Heef
Ashwell
Dan
Howe
Camo
Morgie
Brockley

Brockley
Morgs
Camo
Howe
Dan
Asher D
Heef
BFP
Fred

Fred
BFP
Heef
Ashwell
Dan
Howe
Camo
Morgie
Brockley

Brockley
Morgs
Camo
Howe
Dan
Asher D
Heef
BFP
Fred

Fred
BFP
Heef
Ashwell
Dan
Howe
Camo
Morgie
Brockley

Last edited by a moderator:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Really don't know enough to participate, but should be interesting to watch...

HeathDavisSpeed

I think we need at least 6 drafters, preferably 8. It'd be good for some members from associate nations to get stuck in too.

watson

Banned
Would like to HDS, but after 3 Drafts on the trot (Budget, Decade & Format) I'm pretty much all Drafted out tbh.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yer go on then.

This is a first class team we're picking, right? I move we can pick players who haven't played the long format for a Test nation (eg Joyce, Nannes) since as you say, only their non-Test record counts.

HeathDavisSpeed

The reason I want them left out is that if at the end the draft goes to a poll, I believe that people will judge players like Joyce and their ilk on the very fact they have played Test cricket in recent memory. I don't think this'll be such a problem for guys from the beginnings of Zimbabwe or Sri Lanka and Bangladesh didn't have players of that quality anyway.

HeathDavisSpeed

But Joyce hasn't played Test cricket, just a handful of ODIs.
Yeah. It's all about the reputation and the hype though, innit.

I just want an easy rule rather than one which requires interpretation. Nannes shouldn't count anyway as he never played or showed any inclination to play for the Netherlands in first class cricket.

[and I had forgotten that Joyce hadn't played a test. Doesn't bode well for this draft, does it]