• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
ffs BCCI, there is no way this would be able to happen if it was Australia or England they were playing, who the **** are SA gonna play on boxing day as well? Most countries will be booked out by the sounds of it, way to **** over a cricket board.

Meanwhile the SL tour to Zim is doubtful now, and SL are trying to find another opponent, Australia, NZ, WI and England have all been approached.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I see Kohli has been awarded something called the Arjuna award.

I assume this is awarded annually to the biggest **** to captain an international cricket time in the preceding 12 months?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Cricinfo reporting that they'll be two tests against the Windies before the SA tour.

Which is pretty worrying for India, as I think Tendy might call it quits right before their biggest possible challenge....

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Cricinfo reporting that they'll be two tests against the Windies before the SA tour.

Which is pretty worrying for India, as I think Tendy might call it quits right before their biggest possible challenge....
I nearly predicted this in April as you might remember, but I thought the two test series would be with SL. I guess India-WI is the new India-SL. Be happy for the bcci. This means fewer useless Odis and t20s v SA before the SA test series.

This is actually great news for India. Tendulkar does not warrant a place in the side and if it takes this series to ease him out, then I'd take it. I'd rather take a talented debutant who has earned a spot in the xi through ranji & india A over an experienced non-performer. Even if the newcomer fails, it serves as a valuable learning experience and gives the selectors a better idea of the quality of the talent coming up through the ranks.

It's not clear to me what experience brings to the table if not backed by performance. Experience is nice to have because it helps us know what a player is capable of, but watching tendulkar get dismissed in recent times, it's obvious that he's not capable of what he once could do

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think there could be a time when India line up for a test with this XI in batting order..

Dhawan
Pujara
Kohli (vc)
Rohit
Raina
Dhoni (wk) (c)
Jadeja
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Ishant
Umesh

Honestly, not the worst side we can put out on the park, if Raina can somehow get decent against short pitched bowling..

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Experience is not just about a player's own performance, but what he can add to the side outside of just batting/bowling, like giving tips to youngsters etc.

Anyways this a bit of a shock in some ways, I really hope that this is just to have Sachin's 200th test @ home rather than a signal of his retirement :(
I also hope the SA tour still goes through with at least 3 tests, idc about the ODI's and T20.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
I think there could be a time when India line up for a test with this XI in batting order..

Dhawan
Pujara
Kohli (vc)
Rohit
Raina
Dhoni (wk) (c)
Jadeja
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Ishant
Umesh

Honestly, not the worst side we can put out on the park, if Raina can somehow get decent against short pitched bowling..
There's no way Raina should even smell the test squad given his bad/mediocre Ranji performances. Tons of players more qualified then him. Rahane, Saha, DK, Badri, Manoj (if he can stay healthy), even Rayudu, and more than a few others I'm failing to mention
Raina has other problems aside from the short ball
And the sooner Ishant is gone, the better.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Experience is not just about a player's own performance, but what he can add to the side outside of just batting/bowling, like giving tips to youngsters etc.

Anyways this a bit of a shock in some ways, I really hope that this is just to have Sachin's 200th test @ home rather than a signal of his retirement :(
I also hope the SA tour still goes through with at least 3 tests, idc about the ODI's and T20.
If that were really true and sachin could provide a lot of valuable info and confidence to his teammates, India would have many more matches in sachin's career, and especially of late. This isn't meant to be a sachin-specific slight. Of all the youngsters on the tour of Wi in 2011, how much better did they become from having Dravid and Laxman in the side. I'm not trying to call sachin selfish or not a team player, but I fail to see any proof that merely his presence in the xi will help inexperienced players. And besides, if its tips and advice that's so necessary, why can't that be provided by the coach and team management (which sachin could be a part of without actually playing)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That he's going to retire before the SA tour is looking more and more likely now, given his 200th test will be on his home ground.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
So now India have created a tour to New Zealand that goes through the initial itinerary of the SA tour. Great.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seems this may have all been so that a certain Mumbaikar may play his 200th test in front of his home crowd. Hmm.....................................................