• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Watson Watch

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If they select Watson as a batsman alone, which I am in favour of completely, he must open.

In the next 6-12 months, Alex Doolan should make his way into the middle order.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I tis really time to merge all the Twatto threads and call it the #ShaneWatsonThoughts. And there were some gold ones there in the tour thread.

watson

Banned
New role for Shane Watson - retired Test cricketer.

Watson may quit Test cricket after axing

Shane Watson is contemplating his future in the game after being axed from the squad for the Mohali Test on disciplinary grounds and then leaving the tour to be with his pregnant wife. Watson was one of four players punished by the team management for ignoring team orders.....

Australia Cricket News: Shane Watson may quit Test cricket after axing from Mohali Test squad | ESPN Cricinfo
The Indian tour just gets worse by the minute.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Of course, now he's "contemplating his future".

Guy is such a massive soft ****.

EITHER SAY YOU WANT TO PLAY TESTS FOR AUSTRALIA, OR SAY YOU'RE RETIRING.

Weak as piss is Watson.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Of course, now he's "contemplating his future".

Guy is such a massive soft ****.

EITHER SAY YOU WANT TO PLAY TESTS FOR AUSTRALIA, OR SAY YOU'RE RETIRING.

Weak as piss is Watson.
Pretty certain he's just waiting for Arthur to resign, and remaining non-committal till then. Rare strategic nous from our Shane.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
well, as much as I hate it, Australia probably needs his bowling, he really can't afford a breakdown if he isn't around, still hate the **** mind you

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Australia Cricket News: Shane Watson wishes to open across formats | ESPN Cricinfo

"I have had my best success opening in all formats," Watson told the Sydney radio station 2GB on Tuesday. "I love going in knowing I can just take on the game and not worry about the consequences, which is when I am batting at my best.

"The biggest challenge for me when I am batting down the order is assessing the situation of the game and also trying not to worry about getting out and that's normally when I get into a slightly negative mindset, which can affect my performance at times."

Lol.