• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stats database

ganeshran

International Debutant
Does anyone have a database of cricket statistics updated recently. I have been looking for an updated one for quite sometime without much luck.

If you have it, please share. Thanks,

ganeshran

International Debutant
Actually, I meant a database where I could run a SQL query to get data - works to be much more flexible than Statsguru and Howstat.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Can you please share it, if you are ok with it?
The format it's in makes it impossible to really do that at the moment, but if you give me a couple of days I'll make it into a couple of SQL databases (one for batting and one for bowling) and post some links up.

How raw do you want it to be exactly? Do you want a record for each and every Test batting innings for example so you can create php pages with queries, or just a record for each player's Test batting stats? (same for bowling obv)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ah! Do you maintain a .mdb file? I thought your works were primarily based on excel s/s...
My works on based on massive notepad files (ripped off 500 page StatsGuru query results :ph34r:) which are analysed by Visual Basic programs I've created. The good thing about that is that I can export them in any format I like if I put the code in though.

Last edited:

ganeshran

International Debutant
The format it's in makes it impossible to really do that at the moment, but if you give me a couple of days I'll make it into a couple of SQL databases (one for batting and one for bowling) and post some links up.

How raw do you want it to be exactly? Do you want a record for each and every Test batting innings for example so you can create php pages with queries, or just a record for each player's Test batting stats? (same for bowling obv)

I was trying for a database which is quite raw and has aggregated data as well. For e.g. A record of each batting and bowling innings in separate tables. This can connect to a table with the overall match data in a separate table. Would really make it easier to pull out data for any match and any player's performance too.

I can also help by editing the parser code to change it in a SQL database.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

I was trying for a database which is quite raw and has aggregated data as well. For e.g. A record of each batting and bowling innings in separate tables. This can connect to a table with the overall match data in a separate table. Would really make it easier to pull out data for any match and any player's performance too.

I can also help by editing the parser code to change it in a SQL database.
So ideally you'd want one database with four tables in it.

Batting
Bowling
BattingAggregate
BowlingAggregate

I can do that. I've got some other stuff to do first but it won't take me long so I'll try to get it to you in the next few days. I'll just post the link up in here when it's done.

Last edited:

ganeshran

International Debutant
So ideally you'd one database with four tables in it.

Batting
Bowling
BattingAggregate
BowlingAggregate

I can do that. I've got some other stuff to do first but it won't take me long so I'll try to get it to you in the next few days. I'll just post the link up in here when it's done.
Thanks Prince.. :happy:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Just a little clarification here: will you be providing innings-by-innings scores for every batsman? That'll help me greatly, because I'm looking to conduct an analysis for test batsmthat'll require standard deviation of scores for each batsman, among other things.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just a little clarification here: will you be providing innings-by-innings scores for every batsman? That'll help me greatly, because I'm looking to conduct an analysis for test batsmthat'll require standard deviation of scores for each batsman, among other things.
Yep. I can give you the entire contents of this query (all 401 pages) in any format you like. All the values are picked up as variables in the program I created, so they can be outputted any way you wish. It actually does the home query and the away/neutral query separately so there will be a field for that too.

Last edited:

ganeshran

International Debutant
Yep. I can give you the entire contents of this query (all 401 pages) in any format you like. All the values are picked up as variables in the program I created, so they can be outputted any way you wish. It actually does the home query and the away/neutral query separately so there will be a field for that too.
I wrote a parser for the cricinfo query mentioned by PEWS for Tests and ODIs.

Here is the Excel file with every Test and ODI innings played till now.

CricketInnings.xlsx - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Edit:

I uploaded it to Google docs. The 4shared.com site makes you wait 15 mins before download

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7WmnIBRP7RrOTQzYTU4YmEtNDU2OS00NjJhLTg0NGMtMjQyNTBjMzNmODky

Last edited:

jahanzaib

Cricket Spectator
i need stats for Bating, Bowling and team for ODI and T20. If you have please share i have to complete my final year project for University. Please Help me

jahanzaib

Cricket Spectator
I wrote a parser for the cricinfo query mentioned by PEWS for Tests and ODIs.

Here is the Excel file with every Test and ODI innings played till now.

CricketInnings.xlsx - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Edit:

I uploaded it to Google docs. The 4shared.com site makes you wait 15 mins before download

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7WmnIBRP7RrOTQzYTU4YmEtNDU2OS00NjJhLTg0NGMtMjQyNTBjMzNmODky
Can you share the parser i need a lot of data from Stats Guru or help me in collecting it