• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current Test Fast Bowling Stocks-- Your Country

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Top 10 fast bowlers from your country. Rank them however you want, be it like boxing rankings (on achievement), on the current pecking order at International level or on how good you think they are.

There isnt anything scientific about this. Just to see if people share similar ideas and see how rich the fast bowling seam is for each country.

Only rule is that they must still be playing-- so if you want to include Tait and Harmison then you can.

My Current Christmas 2010 England Quicks

1. Anderson
2. Broad
3. Tremlett
4. Onions
5. Harmison
6. Finn
7. Bresnan
8. Shahzad
9. Sidebottom
10. Hoggard
11. Chapple (I just thought he deserved to be on the list even though old and never played Test cricket)

Outsiders- Khan, Pattinson, Saj, Plunkett, Ali

The hard part is ranking the young players that are doing well at FC level but are not quite at Test level eg Woakes, Dernbach, Chambers, and Harris

chicane

State Captain
For India, the pecking order IMO:

1. Zaheer Khan
2. Sreesanth
3. Munaf Patel
4. Ishant Sharma
5. Praveen Kumar
6. Vinay Kumar
7. Pankaj Singh
8. Irfan Pathan
9. Laxmipathy Balaji
10. RP Singh

Ashish Nehra not considered.

FBU

International Debutant
England's pecking order

1 Anderson
2 Broad,
3 Tremlett
4 Finn
5 Onions
6 Bresnan
7 Shahzad
8 Woakes
9 Plunkett
10 hard to tell from Chambers, Dernbach, Harris

Howe_zat

Audio File
1. Anderson
2. Broad
3. Tremlett
4. Onions
5. Harmison
6. Finn
7. Bresnan
8. Shahzad
9. Sidebottom
10. Hoggard
Hmm, mostly agreed, though I would drop Harmison down to 8-9 on that list. Not sure where Onions fits in any more, as we don't know if he'll be as quick or accurate after recovering from injury.

Woakes, Harris and Leics newbie Nathan Buck are worth getting excited about, I think.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Its quite possible that I dont see the amount of County cricket that I should but if there was a 3 match series starting tomorrow I would have as much faith, if not more, in Hoggard, Harmison, Chapple + Swann as I would Finn, Bresnan, Shahzad + Swann.

Im not saying that I am right or that they should be in the current England XI, just that that in terms of the right here and right now I think they still hold their own.

As for Onions, he is out of the side due to injury ie through no fault of his own and Ill keep him ranked highly until we find out if it will negatively impact his career.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Okay, let me try. This is my rankings and not how the selectors see it. I'm omitting Irfan Pathan because he has been injured for ages and lord knows how he'll be when he returns. Unfortuately, a fair few of these have not played Tests.
1. Zaheer Khan
2. Ishant Sharma
3. Munaf Patel
4. R Vinay Kumar
5. Praveen Kumar
6. Dhawal Kulkarni
7. Sreesanth
8. Pankaj Singh
9. L Balaji
10. RP Singh

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Clearly I dont follow Indian cricket as closely as I should. I had no idea that Ishant has played more Tests and taken more wickets than Sreesanth and Sreesanth only debuted a year earlier.

Maybe it is just me but it feels like Sreesanth has been around much longer.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Ishant debuted against Bangladesh, in a very low profile series, then he took five against Pakistan in an equally low profile series, so it would probably seem to most that Ishant debuted against Australia, in his breakout series.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
For SL,

1. Lasith Malinga
2. Thilan Thushara
3. Dilhara Fernando
4. Nuwan Kulasekara
5. Dhammika Prasad
6. Suranga Lakmal
7. Chanaka Welagedara
8. Nuwan Pradeep
9. Thissara Perera
10. Angelo Mathews

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Top 10 fast bowlers from your country. Rank them however you want, be it like boxing rankings (on achievement), on the current pecking order at International level or on how good you think they are.

There isnt anything scientific about this. Just to see if people share similar ideas and see how rich the fast bowling seam is for each country.

Only rule is that they must still be playing-- so if you want to include Tait and Harmison then you can.

My Current Christmas 2010 England Quicks

1. Anderson
2. Broad
3. Tremlett
4. Onions
5. Harmison
6. Finn
7. Bresnan
8. Shahzad
9. Sidebottom
10. Hoggard
Wow, Broad would be damn lucky to make England's top 5 for mine, a magnificently overrated bowler imo. I actually think it's been a blessing in disguise for England that he got injured when he did

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Okay, let me try. This is my rankings and not how the selectors see it. I'm omitting Irfan Pathan because he has been injured for ages and lord knows how he'll be when he returns. Unfortuately, a fair few of these have not played Tests.
IMO:

1. Zaheer Khan
2. Ishant Sharma
3. Munaf Patel
4. R Vinay Kumar
5. Praveen Kumar
6. Dhawal Kulkarni
7. Sreesanth
8. Pankaj Singh
9. L Balaji
10. RP Singh
1. Zaheer
2. Praveen
3. Vinay Kumar
4. Munaf Patel
5. Ishant Sharma
6. Pankaj Singh
7. Sreesanth
8. Mithun
9. Umesh Yadav
10. Kulkarni (probably)

Sorry state of affairs compared to our awesome batting depth. Ah well, what ya gonna do.