• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PaKistani Astrologer predicts Tendulkar carrer could be over

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
This is very interseting, Indian fans will be praying this bloke is wrong and so am I

At the start of the year, a Pakistan astrologer predicted cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar's career would come to an end in 2005 through injury.

No-one took much notice at the time.

But the news that Tendulkar will be out of action for at least four months after undergoing elbow surgery has suddenly had India fans listening to what Abdullah Shaukat Chowdhry has to say.

The 70-year-old stands by his original prediction and says the future does not look good for Tendulkar. Story: Tendulkar sidelined

The Lahore-based astrologer picked up his charts to locate the latest position of Tendulkar's stars.

He told BBC Sport: "I use astrology charts and as per the position of the stars on the charts, a prediction is made. Tendulkar's date of birth suggests positions of Jupiter and Mars are not good."

Pakistan astrologer Abdullah Shaukat Chowdhry
Among his famous correct predictions were former Pakistan great Imran Khan to suffer a shin bone injury in 1980s, Pope John Paul to die because of ill health in 2005, that an earthquake to hit South Asia in December 2004 and Tony Blair to win a third election.

"Tendulkar's stars show his career will end this year and the latest operation may prove the cause," he added.

The 32-year-old has been plagued by a tennis elbow injury since August last year, forcing him to miss a tri-series in the Netherlands, the NatWest Challenge, the ICC Champions Trophy and two home Tests against Australia.

Even after coming back Tendulkar has struggled to regain the form which has seen him become the fourth-highest scorer in Test cricket with 10,134 runs, a record equalling 34 Test hundreds and world's most successful one-day batsman with 13,642 runs and 38 centuries.

"I wish I am wrong but this is what stars tell," said Chowdhry, a cricket fan.

He said he was inspired to learn the art as a nine-year-old from Pundit Sharma Raghunandan, when his parents lived in New Delhi before partition.

Most of his clients come in search of matrimonial matches and to solve their employment problems.

But a number of them also come to find the outcome of a cricket match or a series.

"I used to predict a lot on the outcome of cricket matches but after some of the predictions went wrong, mainly because of match fixing, I now refuse to predict on cricket matches," said Chowdhry, who correctly predicted India would will win their series in Pakistan 2-1 last year.

"Cricket is my area of interest and any cricketer needing fair help is welcome."

C_C

International Captain
Here is a question.
For someone who could 'forsee into the future', why couldn't he forsee into the matchfixing scandal and predict the accurate result ?
:p :D

PS: My grandfather dabbled in astrology. I know their mindset. Some of the stuff they come up with are really intersting and the mathematics behind it is extremely sophisticated but the logic is flawed from a physics perspective. My grandpa once told me that Saturn's radiations affect us and thus they play a role in our fate. I told him that we get more radiation from the tv at home than Saturn. so how come we dont include the tv into these projections. I got a yelling for my efforts.
Anyways- astrology 'seems' wondrous, until you understand the law of large numbers. Basically, on an individual basis, a 'miracle' may be next to impossible but on a collective level, miracles are quiete common. Reason being something happening to you that has '1 in a billion chances of happening' would happen six times around the world, given there are six billion people in the world.
Not to mention, there is some statistical coincidence as well.
If you look into world affairs and start making 20 predictions a day for 40 years, you will get some of them right- even the 'extremely rare ones'.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
I now refuse to predict on cricket matches," said Chowdhry, who correctly predicted India would will win their series in Pakistan 2-1 last year.
anyone else find this slightly contradictory?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
aussie said:
But the news that Tendulkar will be out of action for at least four months after undergoing elbow surgery
Excellent news, he needed to get that elbow sorted.