• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GROUP C - New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Kenya

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dire stuff from Kenya, Vincent and McCullum should knock these runs off pretty easy.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Dont think we'll be seeing Patel in the next match with Martin and Gillespie looking so effective in this match.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Normally they'd be out already but I feel they will take their time considering the circumstances. lol @ the commentator talking about how Gillespie was supported by Bond, Gillespie bowled well but Bond was the real force.

edit: I'd also like to mention just how good McCullum looked with the gloves today. It was pretty impressive to see how well he was doing behind the stumps after watching one too many games with Prior keeping.

Athlai

Not Terrible
McCullums lowest score opening in twenty20 internationals is 28, average of 34.33, wonder if he can keep that going.

pup11

International Coach
I hope we don't a match like this through this T20 tournament, but i have a feeling the day games would not be too high scoring because the pitch seems to be assisting fast bowlers early in the morning.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Massive six by Fulton there, and another to finish em off. McCullum now averages near 40 opening in twenty20's

pup11

International Coach
Why aren't teams like New Zealand and West Indies wearing flashy T20 uniforms in this tournaments, i would have loved to see New Zealand in their retro beige uniforms in this tournament.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Why aren't teams like New Zealand and West Indies wearing flashy T20 uniforms in this tournaments, i would have loved to see New Zealand in their retro beige uniforms in this tournament.
I miss it too TBH, but I think they're wearing the more 'serious' outfits for credibility.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As Athlai said, now that Twenty20 has been embraced by the ICC and the other cricketing boards as a 'proper' format of the game, New Zealand have decided to treat it more seriously and no longer wear the biege uniforms because they wore them as they viewed Twenty20 as carnival cricket that wasn't serious.

Athlai

Not Terrible
As Athlai said, now that Twenty20 has been embraced by the ICC and the other cricketing boards as a 'proper' format of the game, New Zealand have decided to treat it more seriously and no longer wear the biege uniforms because they wore them as they viewed Twenty20 as carnival cricket that wasn't serious.
I'd still like to see us wear them against the Aussies.