• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Bangladesh in Sri Lanka

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't particulary like it when a test match side goes into a match with only two seamers with no one to back them back.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sure isn't. According to NUFAN Shahadat has the highest strike rate.
Didn't even bother checking Shadhadat because NUFAN said Rasel had the second highest, I went straight to Mashrafe's cricinfo profile and seen that his was lower.

Perm

I don't particulary like it when a test match side goes into a match with only two seamers with no one to back them back.
They don't need it though, you should pick your best bowlers and Haque>Rasel and Shadhadat IMO.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Indeed, Bangladesh have completely released the pressure after getting the 2nd wicket. Why bring Ashraful into the attack?.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Indeed, Bangladesh have completely released the pressure after getting the 2nd wicket. Why bring Ashraful into the attack?.
The skipper wants to be number 14 on the all time list?

I think it's just before lunch, I guess it's worth a shot.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Why is that Nafees is not selected for One-dayers...? He should have been selected IMO.

Perm

Yeah, i meant lowest. Holy **** I've just worked out that Kapali takes a wicket on average every 30 overs.
He's lucky he got 3/3 in one game. It was a hattrick wasn't it?
Kapali is a leg-spin bowling all-rounder, primarily a batsman. Yes he does have a shocking average and strike rate, but you can't expect him to take a lot of wickets. Yes, his 3/3 was a hattrick.

Perm

Partnership breaker, he does bowl quite a lot in Test cricket, although he probably shouldn't. Given the lack of Saqibul Hasan, he will use himself as the 5th bowler with the possibility of a few overs for Rajin Saleh.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Partnership breaker, he does bowl quite a lot in Test cricket, although he probably shouldn't. Given the lack of Saqibul Hasan, he will use himself as the 5th bowler with the possibility of a few overs for Rajin Saleh.
He did bowl quite a good over just before the rain. He does have the potential to bowl really good deliveries - probably moreso than every other bowler in the team (in these conditions at least) - they are just few and far between with so much rubbish in the mix. When a partnership like this develops, Ashraful is a handy bowler to have.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Are you sure? I looked through the news archive and didn't find any mention of it when the Test squad was announced.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's fit. His last few tests had produced dire returns and hence he was dropped. I think it's a reflection of him not being in the one day setup - he hasn't had a lot of cricket against decent opposition lately due to Bangladesh playing one day cricket primarily, so he's probably developed some bad habits in that time. The only way to fix that is to give him games in the test side, really, but it'd probably compromise the side to some degree at this stage. I'm sure he'll be given an extended run in the next year or so when Rafique hangs up the boots anyway.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I thought someone posted before he was injuried, so i went off that. Haque Jnr gunned it in the A series against Sri Lanka around the time of the World Cup. Only bowler in that series that looked like taking wickets. I guess its the whole lack of FC cricket in general and Razzaq decent form in One Dayers, if he did get dropped.