• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 2 Draft Discussion

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha yeah I noticed, sok tho have decided to more or less go for favorites seeing as spark the **** seems intent on stealing all my players favourite or otherwise :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
**** you. I have his profile open right now and thinking what a steal he could be (i.e performed well in Season 1 and had a killer season in England).
I was surprised he lasted this long tbh. He and Bollinger will hopefully create a nice patch of rough for Lyon to bowl into and I've got my #8 sorted now too. Quite enjoying drafting an entire new bowling attack (Watto aside) knowing most of my batting is pretty settled.

Eds

International Debutant
Was planning on Vaas next round. Just thought PEWS was more likely to pick Badrinath. ****.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Was planning on Vaas next round. Just thought PEWS was more likely to pick Badrinath. ****.
My retentions were Sinclair, Watson, Misbah and Ramprakash, so a middle order batsman wasn't likely to be on my hit list. :p

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Once Howe makes his selection, can somone please make the double selection currently on my VM?

Players listed in order of preference.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Imma prepare such a dustbowl
What you're doing is actually a pretty good strategy I reckon, because there aren't many good spinners to choose from and you're taking them all, meaning your home ground could really become a fortress.

On the flip side, you may struggle on the road as a lot of sides will be without decent spin options and hence prepare spinners' graveyards for tracks.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah gun pick Howe. I completely forgot about Hafeez, otherwise I would have picked a couple of rounds ago.

PEWS does the sim take form into account? So for example, suppose 2 batsmen both average 50 in tests and FC, but one averaged 10 last year, while the other averaged 100, does it make the latter a better player?

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm pretty sure that's already been asked, and yeas it does.

It's really best not to try to second-guess it and just pick your best/favourite players.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah gun pick Howe. I completely forgot about Hafeez, otherwise I would have picked a couple of rounds ago.

PEWS does the sim take form into account? So for example, suppose 2 batsmen both average 50 in tests and FC, but one averaged 10 last year, while the other averaged 100, does it make the latter a better player?
That's not so much the sim as the database I've compliled. The sim taking form into account (which it does) is different, and is based on what happens in the sim. So if you hit Round 5 in the comp and you have a good player struggling, he's in bad form, because ITC does that.

But yes, the database is recency biased. Again, all questions relating to the database can be answered "pick it as you would in real life as most things part of the nature of cricket and statistics have been covered and most loopholes have been closed". I'm not sure if you've seen my standardised averages thread or not, but that's about a tenth of the complexity of the CWPL database.