• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Finals series

Spark

Global Moderator
So I reckon that we have a finals series after R15. People agree?

Use this thread to throw around ideas about how many teams (ie. 3, 4, 6) would partake in it and what format it'd take (one-off Tests or multi-Test series?)

Howe_zat

Audio File
My 100% unbiased and objective opinion believes that the top three should compete in the finals.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I thought the reason we were stopping this at halfway was to get it finished reasonably quickly and re-organise for next season. Why would we then do a prolonged finals stage? a few games should be all that's necessary.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
And actually, I feel so strongly about it that I can confirm CW Green will be boycotting said finals.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bloody hell could have been a dream start. Let's hope this one-off Test goes better than the warmups anyway

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I hate that we didn't sort this out before the tournament started for exactly the reasons we're seeing now. People even brought it up back then and Spark said something like "woah we haven't even started yet, we'll figure out later" which I thought was outrageously dire at the time. We should've known what we were aiming for this whole time and had a proper discussion about it earlier without the obvious bias that's clouding the judgement of most to have posted in here.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As someone out of the running I can confirm I am 100% against final series in league competitions. Dire concept in sports.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Need to kill this season ASAP. This isn't as entertaining with only a handful of posters.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
For the record, I am opposed to the idea of a finals series in a league competition.

Saying this now while first place is still up for grabs.