• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suggestion

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Once we're halfway through, can we have a trading window, and in this window can we dump players into free agency and draft new players?

Spark

Global Moderator
The plan was to have a trading window after Round 15, yeah. Happy to do the other stuff if people are OK.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
As far as dumping players goes, the way I'd envisage it working is once people have dumped players, we look at the original draft order and plug the gaps in that order - so for example if everyone decided that their round 16 picks were crap, then the free agency draft would simply be the same order as round 16. If for some reason I wanted to get rid of Dale Steyn, then I'd be first up in the free agency draft, assuming Marcuss and Noble One are happy to keep Kallis and Tendulkar.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reckon we might as well try and rattle through this season with the current squads and then do whatever we're going to do for Season 2. At least then we have consistency of the database being used.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As far as dumping players goes, the way I'd envisage it working is once people have dumped players, we look at the original draft order and plug the gaps in that order - so for example if everyone decided that their round 16 picks were crap, then the free agency draft would simply be the same order as round 16. If for some reason I wanted to get rid of Dale Steyn, then I'd be first up in the free agency draft, assuming Marcuss and Noble One are happy to keep Kallis and Tendulkar.
Yeah, this is the way it'd have to work. Ala CPL retentions on CricSim. I just think it's something best reserved for between seasons personally.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Reckon we might as well try and rattle through this season with the current squads and then do whatever we're going to do for Season 2. At least then we have consistency of the database being used.
In that case make the trading window short and sweet then. Say 3 days, if you don't get any business done in that time then tough.