• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Premier League - Trials

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Beat Turbulence comfortably!!!!!

And without Sangakkara,Amir or Mukund.

Finn&Miller WAG's!!

Dissapointed with Cheema,though.
Akmal doing decently opening.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Named a pretty silly team. Bowling selection trial in which all my bowlers were selected.

1. Masakadza
2. Shehzad
3. Sinclair
4. Prior
5. S Patel
6. Hall (3, 3)
7. Swan (2, 4)
8. Faulkner (5, 1)
9. Cork (4, 2)
10. Harmison (1, 5)
11. Kaneria (6, 6)

It helped that a lot of my bowlers can bat a bit, but still, I shouldn't win with that. Rested my entire top four (Watson, Hughes, Ramps and Joyce).

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah.

Did well than expected with that lineup.

Should have given Mazakadza a bowl too.:p

Spark

Global Moderator
Furball hasn't named a second team for the match. Should I wait for him or just sim the next one?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Agree with Howe_zat.

Also what about Good at BJs CC vs. Funky Town Monkey Pimps ?

Marcuss and Himannv both haven't named lineups?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah.

Did well than expected with that lineup.

Should have given Mazakadza a bowl too.:p
Masakadza, Sinclair and Samit Patel can all bowl a bit - all listed as batting allrounders on the CPL site. That, and the fact that I have Watson, means Andrew Hall is extremely unlikely to bat above 8 all season, but I wasn't sure on what bowling lineup I'd run with for Round 1 and no-one did anything in the first trial so I wanted to give them all a run.

Bowling still a bit of a worry for me, although Hall and Faulkner have booked spots for Round 1 now. Prior's form a small concern too.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe you could take the default lineups from his thread at the end ,if he does not show up?

Teja.

Global Moderator
Turbulence and Moops for the wooden spoon?
Nah I intentionally did not blood any decent fast bowlers and basically played my second team and gave aggression settings so I get a chance to see who performs rather than play win-oriented cricket in the trials.

Would've beaten you comfortably if I wanted to, ****. :p

Anyway Inzy scored a ton with no-one scoring above 40 in one innings and Sree took 5-68 in another innings, So I'm quite happy with what happened in the game as it brought some much needed selection info.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Furball hasn't named a second team for the match. Should I wait for him or just sim the next one?
Will put my team up in 5 mins. Wanted to wait and see how they got on in the first game before giving my back up players a game.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah I intentionally did not blood any decent fast bowlers and basically played my second team and gave aggression settings so I get a chance to see who performs rather than play win-oriented cricket in the trials.

Would've beaten you comfortably if I wanted to, ****. :p

Anyway Inzy scored a ton with no-one scoring above 40 in one innings and Sree took 5-68 in another innings, So I'm quite happy with what happened in the game as it brought some much needed selection info.
Sree's been a joke in CPL; he can obviously only bowl well for you with all the faith you show him. ;)