• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trades

Spark

Global Moderator
yep.

Pollock gives you a much better 5th bowling option.
done, then. although I won't be picking him in the top six... so I still need a batsman.

and no, you can't change your home pitch once you start trading. otherwise you could just stack your side full of spinners/quicks and change the pitch that to suit, which would undermine the draft somewhat. this is just a hole-plugging exercise.

so finalise your pitches before you start trading.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
So, so far confirmed trades -

Misbah-ul-haq for Chris Gayle(Cevno & PEWS)

Shaun Pollock for Brett Lee(Cevno & Spark)

Spark

Global Moderator
and I'm not sure how much I need lots of bowling options anyway, given Pup currently averages 19 in CPL... with the ball.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah. Lol!!

He is gunning it with both bat and ball at the moment but tbf, his bowling average is mostly affected by one match.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I want to trade one of my middle order batsmen or fast bowlers for an extra spinner.

Players I want:

Danish Kaneria (Beautiful Souls)
Ajantha Mendis (Mick Lewis Invitational XI)
Sanjeeva Weerakoon/Nikita Miller (Sneaky Soldiers)
Shane Warne (Furball's Fenoms)
Monty Panesar (CW Green)
Rangana Herath (Squirts)
Suraj Randiv (Dynamo Morpork)
Sachthira Senanayake (Good at BJ's)

So yeah, let me know.
In First-Class cricket, Swanny tends to bat middle order. So I'm guessing he's eligible. I'll swap him for Panesar.

:ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
and I'm not sure how much I need lots of bowling options anyway, given Pup currently averages 19 in CPL... with the ball.
Haha there was a massive choke against him in Round 4. He took 5/35 in the fourth innings and his team won by 55 - ouch. To make matters worse for the opposition, they had three players injured in their match taking their injury toll to five - four of which are frontline bowlers.

Howe_zat

Audio File
In First-Class cricket, Swanny tends to bat middle order. So I'm guessing he's eligible. I'll swap him for Panesar.

:ph34r:
Bugger off.

Howe zat, what can you offer us for Herath?

(Keen Daemon?)
I reckon I've got one more fast bowler than I strictly need. So one of Finn or Tuffey.

You might want to strengthen your batting, so how about Zander de Bruyn? Solid record and a decent 5th/6th bowler.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Gayle goes okay as a second spinner.
Was thinking of that.
And really that is why i gave you Misbah for Gayle.

In that case i would give you Weerakoon for Finn , Howe_zat or for one of your top 5 batsman?.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Howe zat, what can you offer us for Herath?

(Keen Daemon?)
Your call, but unless it's helps us alot, I don't think we should give away our only back up spinner. We don't even have part time spin options, so on a turning wicket we might be disadvantaged. Sounds tempting though, I'll admit.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Was thinking of that.
And really that is why i gave you Misbah for Gayle.

In that case i would give you Weerakoon for Finn , Howe_zat or for one of your top 5 batsman?.
Not for one of the top 5 batsman. Wouldn't mind losing Finn, but I'd rather have Miller than Weerakoon, if possible?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Not for one of the top 5 batsman. Wouldn't mind losing Finn, but I'd rather have Miller than Weerakoon, if possible?
Would need Miller's extra batting if required to play a 5 man bowling attack.

Rather give up Weerakoon.

Both are pretty equal players ,tbh.

Weerakoon has played a lot more FC matches too.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
So, confirmed trades so far -

Misbah-ul-haq for Chris Gayle(Cevno & PEWS)

Shaun Pollock for Brett Lee(Cevno & Spark)

Sajeewa Weerakoon for Steven Finn(Cevno & Howe_zat)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I am on a trading spree right now.:cool:

Btw, at the moment i am still willing to trade Murali Vijay for a middle/lower order batsman.

And Pierre Joubert and Now John Hastings for a spinner/batsman and maybe Azhar Mahmood too.