• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Team Tornado

centurymaker

International Captain
1. Andrew Strauss
2. Neil McKenzie (avg'd 70+ in SA's 2010/11 domestic season and avg'd in the 50's 09/10 season. Also, avg'd 40 in Division 1 of county cricket 2010 season) FC avg of 44
3. Younis Khan
4. Kevin Pieterson
5.Rohit Sharma (This guys been piling on the runs in india div 1)
6.Virat Kohli (ditto)
7.Mitchell Johnson
8. Andre Adams (top bowler in division 1 of county cricket 2010 season, did really well in 2009 as well) FC avg of 22.
9. Joginder Sharma (top bowler in div 1 of india's 2010/11 domestic season, avg'd like 20 on the roads) FC avg of 20.
10. Andrew Birch (has been one of the top bowlers in SA's domestic cricket for the last 2 years) Fc avg 22/23
11. Morne Morkel

Last edited:

centurymaker

International Captain
1. Andrew Strauss ... 7.5/10
2. Neil McKenzie ... 8/10
3. Younis Khan ...7.5/10
4. Kevin Pieterson ... 7/10
5. Rohit Sharma ...8/10
6. Virat Kohli ... 7/10
7. Chris Read... 6.5/10
8. Mitchell Johnson... 7.5/10
9. Sunil Joshi... 7.5/10
10.Andre Adams... 8/10
11. Morne Morkel... 8.5/10

12. Joginder Sharma
13. Andrew Birch

Top 4 finish is our goal for the season

Last edited:

centurymaker

International Captain
1. Andrew Strauss
2. Neil McKenzie
3. Younis Khan
4. Kevin Pieterson
5. Rohit Sharma
6. Chris Read
7. Ian Blackwell
8. Mitchell Johnson
9. Sunil Joshi
10.Andre Adams
11. Morne Morkel

12. Virat Kohli
13. Joginder Sharma
14. Andrew Birch

edit - fixed

Last edited:

centurymaker

International Captain
you know Ian blackwell is in fine touch. Fc batting avg = 40, 10,000+ runs.
His bowling avg is quite misleading...
took 40+ wickets at an avg of 28 in 2010 and avg'd 36 with the bat.
took 40+ wickets at an avg of 23 in 2009 and avg'd 40 with the bat.
And btw the county div 1 is > indian div 1.
Plus I needed a spinner!

Kohli Fc avg- 56 , in county cricket thats prob like 48

**assuming that you were being sarcastic

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Blackwell's a good pick, long-term solid performers like him tend to excel in these competitions. just didn't get why you left out Kholi, who's a quality international.

It is a strong batting lineup, to be fair.

centurymaker

International Captain
Blackwell's a good pick, long-term solid performers like him tend to excel in these competitions. just didn't get why you left out Kholi, who's a quality international.

It is a strong batting lineup, to be fair.
-he hasn't played a single test.
- he's only batted 40 odd times in First-class cricket
-he didn't play many games last season and his avg was nowhere near rohit sharma's 90+

I'll play him on bowler-friendly pitches (the ones with 5 for seam or spin) to strengthen my batting.

centurymaker

International Captain
Sunil Joshi is prob the 2nd best spinner in indian domestic cric (murali karthik being no.1)
avg < 20 last season, 30 in 2009, close to 20 in 2008. fc avg of 25, can bat a bit too.

Morkel ---avg'd 25 in tests last year :) (test avg 30)
Andre Adams- he's been fantastic in county cricket for at least the last 3 years. (haven't checked his stats for 2007 and before) Fc avg 22, can bit a bit too

Johnson-- didn't do well in the Ashes but he's class. Test avg of <30. Handy lower order batsman aswell (Did I make the right decision by picking him over murali in round 2????) (Murali didn't really play in 2010, avg'd >45 in 2009)
Prob not. :laugh:

I just love fast-bowlers. <3

Spark

Global Moderator
Johnson will do better than Adams.

Test wickets >>>>>>>>>>>> County wickets, IMO. No mug with the bat, obviously, either.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
This is a FC competition though.

Johnsons FC record is ordinary ,though obviously he has test wickets plus his recent form is not great.

Reckon they'll do equally well.

Only talking about bowling though. Obviously Johnson gets a big edge with the batting.

Centurymaker's team looks solid.

Last edited:

centurymaker

International Captain
This is a FC competition though.

Johnsons FC record is ordinary ,though obviously he has test wickets plus his recent form is not great.

Reckon they'll do equally well.

Only talking about bowling though. Obviously Johnson gets a big edge with the batting.

Centurymaker's team looks solid.
he took around 10 wickets at an avg of 23 in sheffield shield last season despite being out of form (avg'd 34 in 2010 in tests) and scored a hundred haha
Adams' a handy batsman too btw

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So what exactly is the criteria then? I thought it was career with a slight bias towards recent series, but with Tests counting where appropriate? In that case I don't see how Joshi for example is a good selection as he's played Tests and proven to be mediocre at them.