• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sparks With Laser Beams On Their Heads

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ah, does it edit the database directly?
No it doesn't; it just tells you who is injured and for how long. If you enter in someone's name wrong it won't be able to tell how injury prone they are though, and that has odd flow-on effects to the players after that in the list.

Spark

Global Moderator
Oh.

So basically if I entered it wrong, I could lose half a team for no apparent reason?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
PEWS, you've written the code for this entire cricsim thingy?
I didn't make the program that actually simulates the cricket matches, but I made the program that created the player database we're using for it, and the program that controls injuries (for the CricSim version of this competition anyway).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hey Cribbage, I know I've asked you this before, but do you do programming/development at Uni? Pretty sure you do IT of some sorts

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hey Cribbage, I know I've asked you this before, but do you do programming/development at Uni? Pretty sure you do IT of some sorts
Did a bit of IT despite my degree being in Economics but the vast majority of my programming knowledge is self taught. It's one of the few things in life I actually have a real knack for; I probably should've done more of it at uni and got some proper qualifications for it.