• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWPL Teams

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
But a couple of your fast bowlers or batsman picking up injuries together is entirely possible.

And if 2 spinners pick up injuries then there is more problems.

Howe_zat

Audio File
But a couple of your fast bowlers or batsman picking up injuries together is entirely possible.

And if 2 spinners pick up injuries then there is more problems.
If Prince EWS' sim is likely to injure two or three of your top six all at the same time he's got "cricket" confused with "gladiatorial combat".

A 16-man squad should be more than enough to cover a few injuries over the course of a season. Picking a squad to deal with it is part of the challenge.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
The Prince EWS Sim is really harsh in CPL ,injuring one player on average every match atleast and some for plenty of matches like 5 or even 8 too.
With you could say with so many injury prone players picked and retired too is somewhat realistic,

We are not using it the same SIM here it seems, but reckong not using it with random players getting injuries a lot would depend on luck in that regard instead of based on actual injury history.

And over a 30 5 day match season it is very well possible that 2 spinners, 2 batsman,2 fast bowlers or 2 keepers get injured at the same time, in which case the team getting those injuries without adequate backup would be screwed on nothing based on random luck.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
But atleast then you could have decent like for like replacements.

Which reduces the negative effect.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
As Centurymaker showed it is hard to cover all bases in a squad of 16.

And even with all the combination he posted of 17 players if 2 spinners get injured you are screwed.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, you just have to suck it up and pick the best you've got.

Australia didn't moan to the ICC during the Ashes when they were left with no decent spinners.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Australia have no decent spinners.:p

But i am sure if any team was going to go on a 30 test match tour they would pick a squad bigger than 16.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

And even with all the combination he posted of 17 players if 2 spinners get injured you are screwed.
I think that's part of the fun to an extent; trying to scrape together a team from the combination of players you have available.

You could always make use of mid-season trading as well.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

You've convinced me, I propose allowing us all to have squads of 500 players in order to cover every single injury eventuality.

centurymaker

International Captain
I think that's part of the fun to an extent; trying to scrape together a team from the combination of players you have available.

You could always make use of mid-season trading as well.
Does a player's form during the season make a difference in the subsequent matches?
Likewise, does a team's form matter or are all matches mutually exclusive?

Spark

Global Moderator
The Prince EWS Sim is really harsh in CPL ,injuring one player on average every match atleast and some for plenty of matches like 5 or even 8 too.
With you could say with so many injury prone players picked and retired too is somewhat realistic,

We are not using it the same SIM here it seems, but reckong not using it with random players getting injuries a lot would depend on luck in that regard instead of based on actual injury history.

And over a 30 5 day match season it is very well possible that 2 spinners, 2 batsman,2 fast bowlers or 2 keepers get injured at the same time, in which case the team getting those injuries without adequate backup would be screwed on nothing based on random luck.
Having now played with the sim for a while I can safely assure you that unless your squad balance is horrible or you have been struck by lightning in your life, you won't have trouble putting up a viable 11 due to injuries.

If you need to fix it, trade.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Personally don't see why trading should be allowed to be honest. Seems to me a copout for people who haven't drafted well.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, surely trades should just be for between seasons?

I've consciously picked a few batsmen who can bowl a bit of spin, as well as players like Flintoff, Colly, Rashid to cover different eventualities as I assumed all along we would have injuries.