• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWPL Teams

Furball

Evil Scotsman
GF'S team is good specially the bowling but his batting seems a bit weak compared and don't think it is best by far.
IMO I've got the best opening combination going if we weren't picking current Test players. Rogers has 15,000 FC runs @ 51 and Rudolph has averaged about 52 over 4 years for Yorkshire, gone back to Franchise cricket and was top scorer last year.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I get a feeling that the English and Australian players will do the best in the Sim.

Justin Langer seems to be tearing it apart in CPL of all people.
Haha that Langer thing was so random. It's only been two games though. :p

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Haha that Langer thing was so random. It's only been two games though. :p
3 games?

2 Trial matches and one exhibition match.

He has scored 4 centuries and 2 half centuries in these six innings.:laugh:

A total of 660 runs. Some random form that is.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha well I can exclusively reveal that the database does not place Justin Langer amongst the world's top 50 batsmen. :p

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
IMO I've got the best opening combination going if we weren't picking current Test players. Rogers has 15,000 FC runs @ 51 and Rudolph has averaged about 52 over 4 years for Yorkshire, gone back to Franchise cricket and was top scorer last year.
In terms of non current test openers Mukund averages 60 over the last 4 years and Vijay averages 51 and has played 9 tests.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Looking more and more that way tbh. I didn't think IPL would count, but apparantly it does now.
Well basing your picks on what you thought would count was second guessing in the first place, wasn't it? ;)

The standard of your cricket in the IPL has absolutely no baring, but if you've retired, continuing to play some cricket and keeping yourself in some vague status of match fitness is obviously going to be beneficial should you suddenly come out of retirement for a First Class tournament.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well basing your picks on what you thought would count was second guessing in the first place, wasn't it? ;)

The standard of your cricket in the IPL has absolutely no baring, but if you've retired, continuing to play some cricket and keeping yourself in some vague status of match fitness is obviously going to be beneficial should you suddenly come out of retirement for a First Class tournament.
I guess we'll have to disagree there because I don't think playing the IPL is really relevant. If it is, why not club cricket? Gus Fraser is still playing for the Lord's Taverners, for example.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
True if Zimbabwe t20 is relevant then so should club Cricket.

Let alone the IPL. Plus many of these retired players were deemed unfit by the IPL owners.:p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It barely counts for anything tbh. Just reduces a retirement capping by a fraction less. This competition will definitely not be decided by who plays IPL and who doesn't. :p

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Suddenly thought of Graeme Smith and was wondering who picked him. Went to the list of teams and went down the list. Halfway down I started wondering whether anyone picked him. My hopes kept rising with each team without Smith and by the second last team I was so excited I nearly crapped my pants. I Finally clicked on Got_Spin.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year

Rudolph is a great pick.

Spark

Global Moderator
Players can get injured, yes. But I can make it so the injury doesn't clears as soon as the match ends.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
An injury that lasts the game would suffice I think. If not it's all down to luck if one of your stars gets injured and misses too many games.