Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CWPL Teams

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    (fight fight fight!)

Simon Champion!

I'd like to know who the 3 other retired players are.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    I'd like to know who the 3 other retired players are.
    Murali and Warne have both retired so that's two. Murali doesn't actually count as retired as such because he played his last game in the 2010 season but he still has.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    PEWS Lara is considered retired isn't he? Unless T20s count which I think they don't. I think we're ****ed, seeing as he played his last FC three years back

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Murali and Warne have both retired so that's two. Murali doesn't actually count as retired as such because he played his last game in the 2010 season but he still has.
    Yeah, but Warne's my back up, I'm not going to be playing him as a first choice.

He still performs pretty ****ing well in IPL for a guy who hasn't played any other serious cricket for 4 years. I reckon if he wanted to come back to FC cricket he'd be performing like a gun pretty quickly, and that he's probably a much better bet than some other no-name spinner I could have picked who has amazing stats on cricinfo.

Curious as to why you think my side is the best, but as you're the one who's built the db I'm quite happy with that endorsement.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    PEWS Lara is considered retired isn't he? Unless T20s count which I think they don't. I think we're ****ed, seeing as he played his last FC three years back
    He's considered as retired, yes, but players who continue to play limited overs cricket aren't penalised for their retirement as much. Lara playing T20 cricket in Zimbabwe helps him there and if he didn't get any penalty at all for his retirement, he would actually be the third best batsman in the database. It was a good pick.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Thanks, credit to Flem <3

And that also means Warne won't be penalised as much, so good news for GF

He still performs pretty ****ing well in IPL for a guy who hasn't played any other serious cricket for 4 years. I reckon if he wanted to come back to FC cricket he'd be performing like a gun pretty quickly, and that he's probably a much better bet than some other no-name spinner I could have picked who has amazing stats on cricinfo.
    Yeah, no doubt in my mind Warne would be an above average spinner if this was a real competition and he was paid a gazillion dollars to come out of FIrst Class retirement.

Curious as to why you think my side is the best, but as you're the one who's built the db I'm quite happy with that endorsement.
    Well, all your picks have been gun. I don't think there's any other way to put it.

Getting Steyn and Murali who are both still IMO amongst the best 10 bowlers in the world (at worst) makes your attack immense from the get-go and you've been really smart with your batting recruitment too, and you picked up McDonald who's a premier allrounder at this level. I just don't know how they manage to let you recruit a team like that tbh.

vcs
    So this game is essentially about second-guessing the quirks of PEWS's database?

Simon Champion!
    GF'S team is good specially the bowling but his batting seems a bit weak compared and don't think it is best by far.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    So this game is essentially about second-guessing the quirks of PEWS's database?
    Haha, well people tried to do that elsewhere and it didn't work. People who just picked who they thought would go well if this was real seemed to fare far better, because no-one really understands how it works. Going really stats-orientated early and picking up players from obscure competitions backfired.

The draft is more fun/important than the simming anyway.

Simon Champion!
    Yeah, no doubt in my mind Warne would be an above average spinner if this was a real competition and he was paid a gazillion dollars to come out of FIrst Class retirement.

I doubt that.

He has done well in the IPL but then so has iqbal abdullah(even better) .

Don't think he is capable of bowling 20 overs a day at a high level anymore.

Same was the case with Murali before he retired ,he wasn't the same bowler. Even in the world cup on slow spinning tracks other spinners easily outperformed him.

vcs
    Haha, well people tried to do that elsewhere and it didn't work. People who just picked who they thought would go well if this was real seemed to fare far better, because no-one really understands how it works. Going really stats-orientated early and picking up players from obscure competitions backfired.

The draft is more fun/important than the simming anyway.
    Why haven't guys like McGrath and Shaun Pollock been picked then? Or Hayden? Surely they'd go better than, say, Dominic Cork, or Rohit Sharma?

Simon Champion!
    I get a feeling that the English and Australian players will do the best in the Sim.

Justin Langer seems to be tearing it apart in CPL of all people.
    Last edited by Cevno; 04-05-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information