• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Brudenell Social Club Pub Quiz Team

Howe_zat

Audio File
All the cool kids are getting a thread.

Squad:

Mahela Jayawardena (c); Graeme Swann (vc); Dinesh Chandimal; Steven Finn; David Hussey.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Additions: Fawad Alam, Vinay Kumar.

Lineup:

Dinesh Chandimal (wk)
-
-
Mahela Jayawardena (c)
David Hussey
Fawad Alam
-
Graeme Swann (vc)
Vinay Kumar (o)
-
Steven Finn (o)

Howe_zat

Audio File
Additions: Dean Elgar, Angelo Mathews and Mark Davies.

Lineup:

Dean Elgar
Fawad Alam
Dinesh Chandimal+
Mahela Jayawardene (c)
David Hussey
Angelo Mathews
-
Graeme Swann
R Vinay Kumar
Steven Finn
Mark Davies

Still not decided on batting order. At least it's flexible. Could do with an allrounder, got one spare, Marcuss?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Update:

Dean Elgar
Fawad Alam
Dinesh Chandimal+
Mahela Jayawardene*
David Hussey
Angelo Mathews
Shahid Afridi
Graeme Swann
Vinay Kumar
Steven Finn
Mark Davies

Adam Gilchrist
Andrew Symonds

Looking pretty good, I like the flexible batting order, lots of part-time options. Need to find some good squad bowlers now.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Woah 6 proper bowlers, probably won't need Hussey to bowl will you?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Woah 6 proper bowlers, probably won't need Hussey to bowl will you?
Mathews is more of a part-timer in first class cricket to be fair. Plus I may not want to use Afridi if I want batting depth, so I may need Gilly or Symonds to come in at #7. Like I said, it's nice to have so many options here. Still haven't really decided who opens either.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Completed squad:

Dean Elgar
Fawad Alam
Dinesh Chandimal+
Mahela Jayawardene*
David Hussey
Andrew Symonds
Angelo Mathews
Shahid Afridi
Graeme Swann
Vinay Kumar
Mark Davies

Adam Gilchrist
Zander De Bruyn
Steven Finn
Naved Ul Hasan
Daryl Tuffey

Tactics at home are to stack the batting and spin away on the final two days. Plenty of pace options for going away, plus I bat deep if I decide to play the extra bowler.

Edit: Thinking about it, this is set to fail if Swanny gets injured. I might have to trade for a backup spinner.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Have done so. Finn out, Weerakoon in. Finn's probably the better cricketer, but less useful for the squad.

Dean Elgar
Fawad Alam
Dinesh Chandimal+
Mahela Jayawardene*
David Hussey
Andrew Symonds
Angelo Mathews
Shahid Afridi
Graeme Swann
Vinay Kumar
Mark Davies

Adam Gilchrist
Zander De Bruyn
Sajeewa Weerakoon
Naved Ul Hasan
Daryl Tuffey

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah. Why it was silly for me to pick the extrra fast bowler, really. But at that stage in the draft, I couldn't think of another very good FC spinner.