• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Premier League - Draft Thread (Slight changes - see OP)

Spark

Global Moderator
No point in waiting, this will take quite a while anyway so I may as well get this started now whilst I sort out all the other stuff and while I'm less busy.

Code:
EDIT: You can now take any player your heart desires. They will perform to the standard you'd expect them to if they played a game right now.
There are a few little oddities in the database as far as I can tell but that should be ironed out soon enough.

When we go to sim matches, the players are weighted according to whether they've done well in Tests, who and where they've done well against and quite critically how long ago (ie how long before March 2011 since that's when all the stats are from) they did well. So don't expect Glenn McGrath to be the Glenn McGrath of yore.

Gonna use big font for titles so I can see where rounds end easily when I'm scrolling.

Gogogo.

Feel free to give your team a name, by the way. I have. Teams are here for everyone to keep track of (easier this way IMO)

Sparks With Freakin' Laser Beams On Their Heads
Mitchell Johnson

Marcuss
Jacques Kallis

Noble One
Sachin Tendulkar

GingerFurball
Dale Steyn

CW Green (GIMH)
Jonathon Trott

Cevno
Kumar Sangakkarra (tbc)

Shri
Virender Sehwag

Himannv
Shane Watson

Howe_zat

Dynamo Morpork (Samuel_Vimes)

Teja.

weeman27bob

centurymaker/vcs

marc71178

Daemon/Flem274*

Got_Spin

============================

Draft Round 1

Picking order (I'm using this to choose the order):

1. Marcuss - Kallis
  2. Noble One - Tendulkar
  3. GingerFurball - Steyn
  4. GIMH - Trott
  5. Cevno - Sanga (tbc)
  6. Shri - Sehwag
  7. Himannv - Watson
  8. Spark - Mitch
  9. Howe_zat
  10. Samuel_Vimes
  11. Teja.
  12. weeman27bob
  13. centurymaker/vcs
  14. marc71178
  15. Daemon/Flem274*
  16. Got_Spin
Reiterate: Gogogo. Marcuss is up first.

PS. Remember my fourth rule :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shri

Mr. Glass
How many hours before someone is skipped? Cevno should be skipped on principle for...well, being Cevno.:p

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Can you tell me if Kumar Sangakkara is a wicketkeeper or not?

I'll pick him,if he is.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Sod it, looking up players' averages is getting dull. From now on will be picking based largely on eyebrow value.

Mahela Jayawardene.

Edit: Also, I know Sanga is gone, but we need to know which ones are keepers if we only get one each.

Last edited: