• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Premier League - Draft Thread (Slight changes - see OP)

Howe_zat

Audio File
Actually I'd be in favour of starting again. I picked as a way of playing the system, as I'm sure many of those above me did, and it looks like fairly rubbishy pick now. Don't think it's fair to mess about with it this much and not restart.

Spark

Global Moderator
Massively object to this.
Ah, ok then. Fair enough.

Yeah, if we're changing the database what I'd suggest is delete everything in this thread (bar my Kallis pick as I want him regardless :p) and restart the draft.
We're not in any real rush and it means we're all singing from the same hymn sheet from the very beginning.
Actually I'd be in favour of starting again. I picked as a way of playing the system, as I'm sure many of those above me did, and it looks like fairly rubbishy pick now. Don't think it's fair to mess about with it this much and not restart.
Yeah it feels weird. That was why I was hesitant about changing the database in the first place unless people really wanted me to because people were making choices based on certain assumptions which have now changed. It's hardly fair on the people who have already picked before they knew that a new database would be picked if they don't get a second chance to pick - either now or as start of a new draft.

However, I don't want to do things by dictat so I'll make a poll. We're hardly in a rush, the database isn't even ready yet.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ah, ok then. Fair enough.

Yeah it feels weird. That was why I was hesitant about changing the database in the first place unless people really wanted me to because people were making choices based on certain assumptions which have now changed. It's hardly fair on the people who have already picked before they knew that a new database would be picked if they don't get a second chance to pick - either now or as start of a new draft.

However, I don't want to do things by dictat so I'll make a poll. We're hardly in a rush, the database isn't even ready yet.
The only person that the new database really affects is you, because you picked Johnson. Then the database changed, and you decided "hmmm, Johnson doesn't look like such a smart pick, I'll change to Swann."

No-one else really loses out from the database being tweaked, I'd have picked Steyn regardless, some people like Corrrin really benefit from the change.

Basically, you ****ed up in round 1, deal with it. :D

Howe_zat

Audio File
I do. I picked Jayawardena because he was among the best batsmen in the world 18 months ago (off the top of my head I think he was ranked 3-5) and I was assuming Swann didn't get his awesome 2010 counted. If we picked again I'd go for Swann or Murali, depending on my mood.

Howe_zat

Audio File
We can now pick any player rather than the 200 or so that were listed, and we now pick based on current averages and performances rather than those of 18 months ago.

Himannv

International Coach
So basically, if a player is not performing at the moment, he would be a bad pick compared to someone with a lesser overall record but who is performing well at the moment?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So basically, if a player is not performing at the moment, he would be a bad pick compared to someone with a lesser overall record but who is performing well at the moment?
Well it's up to you to decide.. Just pick the players like you would if they were playing a match tomorrow. As an example, who do you think would score more runs in a match tomorrow out of Ricky Ponting or AB De Villiers?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well it's up to you to decide.. Just pick the players like you would if they were playing a match tomorrow. As an example, who do you think would score more runs in a match tomorrow out of Ricky Ponting or AB De Villiers?
Or rather, over a 21-week season starting tomorrow. :p