• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Premier League - Draft Thread (Slight changes - see OP)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Looking at the picks so far, I don't think anyone would be pissed off by the use of an updated roster. In fact, since Trott has been picked, I'm thinking people didn't quite grasp how old the old one was. :p

Decision needs to be made extremely soon though.
GIMH can't quite grasp that cricket exists outside of the latest Ashes winning English team.

Spark

Global Moderator
Looking at the picks so far, I don't think anyone would be pissed off by the use of an updated roster. In fact, since Trott has been picked, I'm thinking people didn't quite grasp how old the old one was. :p

Decision needs to be made extremely soon though.
Yeah it does make things different.

How much impact would the new database have on existing players? For example, would Tendulkar be far more awesome in this version, and Clarke/Ponting much less?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Tendulkar would be slightly better and Clarke/Ponting slightly worse. While recent form is important to the system, if a player is still playing and is an all-time great like Punter the difference in his batting won't be huge.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah it does make things different.

How much impact would the new database have on existing players? For example, would Tendulkar be far more awesome in this version, and Clarke/Ponting much less?
Pretty negligible difference with all the players taken so far bar Trott I'd say.

The important thing is that, irrespective of the time difference, the system I used in the second database is far more accurate and far more suited to a competition of 16+ teams. Reckon it'd feel more fun and accurate to have players by their current abilities anyway.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Fair enough then. I can't edit the OP ofc though so you'll have to edit it yourself until (if) the subforum is set up :p

EDIT: Which you have done. You best clarify what "any player your heart desires" though, to make sure it's just limited to fairly recent players.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Pretty negligible difference with all the players taken so far bar Trott I'd say.

The important thing is that, irrespective of the time difference, the system I used in the second database is far more accurate and far more suited to a competition of 16+ teams. Reckon it'd feel more fun and accurate to have players by their current abilities anyway.
Ruan Pietersen hates you ****!:p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Fair enough then. I can't edit the OP ofc though so you'll have to edit it yourself until (if) the subforum is set up :p

EDIT: Which you have done. You best clarify what "any player your heart desires" though, to make sure it's just limited to fairly recent players.
Well the database caters for the ability for you to select Bradman if you wish; he will just be massively hamstrung due to the length of his retirement and his death. I'll make sure that's clear though. :p

Spark

Global Moderator
Er, by the way, since we're using a new database, I've decided I'll change my pick to Swann if everyone's fine with that (since no one else has picked him)... others can feel free to do the same if they so choose but looking at the names picked, I doubt it.

Sorry. You may throw tomatoes/eggs if you wish. Rocks are a bit too far though.

Nope.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Since this has gone a bit very messy.

Draft Round 1 - Update

1. Marcuss - Kallis
  2. Noble One - Tendulkar
  3. GingerFurball - Steyn
  4. GIMH - Trott
  5. Cevno - Sanga
  6. Shri - Sehwag
  7. Himannv - Watson
  8. Spark - Johnson
  9. Howe_zat - Jayawardene
  10. Samuel_Vimes - Murali
  11. Teja. - ABdV
  12. weeman27bob - MS Dhoni
  13. centurymaker/vcs - Ponting
  14. marc71178 - Prior
  15. Daemon/Flem274*
  16. Got_Spin
Daemon/Phlegm, you're up.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So it includes FC only right? No one dayers etc. I'll be waiting for a while to see if Flem replies, if not I'll go ahead and make the pick. Sorry for the delay

Shri

Mr. Glass
Since this has gone a bit very messy.

Draft Round 1 - Update

1. Marcuss - Kallis
  2. Noble One - Tendulkar
  3. GingerFurball - Steyn
  4. GIMH - Trott
  5. Cevno - Sanga
  6. Shri - Sehwag
  7. Himannv - Watson
  8. Spark - Swann
  9. Howe_zat - Jayawardene
  10. Samuel_Vimes - Murali
  11. Teja. - ABdV
  12. Shri - Sehwag
  13. weeman27bob - MS Dhoni
  14. centurymaker/vcs - Ponting
  15. marc71178 - Prior
  16. Daemon/Flem274*
  17. Got_Spin
Daemon/Phlegm, you're up.
I know you love me but putting my name in there twice looks suspicious.:ph34r:

Spark

Global Moderator
Oh for ****'s sake! This is getting absurd now, really. Many more times and it'll be known as "doing a Spark"... I don't even know how you ended up there twice as well.

Fixed.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Er, by the way, since we're using a new database, I've decided I'll change my pick to Swann if everyone's fine with that (since no one else has picked him)... others can feel free to do the same if they so choose but looking at the names picked, I doubt it.

Sorry. You may throw tomatoes/eggs if you wish. Rocks are a bit too far though.
Massively object to this.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, if we're changing the database what I'd suggest is delete everything in this thread (bar my Kallis pick as I want him regardless :p) and restart the draft.
We're not in any real rush and it means we're all singing from the same hymn sheet from the very beginning.