• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Premier League - General Discussion

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd say 5 points for a win, 1 for a draw. No bonus points. Encourage attacking cricket etc.

(That is assuming we can tell you things like our declaration methods etc)

Howe_zat

Audio File
But what happens then if the SIm has a draw due to rain or a real flat pitch?
It seems like most people are happy to prepare sporting wickets, judging from the Home Grounds thread.

Quite like the idea of encouraging going for a win. I just thought we'd have little control over captaincy.

Spark

Global Moderator
You basically have as much control over tactics as you want short of actually simming it yourself. You set the bowling order, who you want to be used as a part timer and when, when/if to use a nightwatchman, in what situations to become extra offensive/defensive, when to declare etc. etc.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
How can we tell you when to declare and when to use a night watchman in the lineups thread?

Spark

Global Moderator
By saying "use a nightwatchman if _________________, declare if ________________________"

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
By saying "use a nightwatchman if _________________, declare if ________________________"
It could get really specific and tough to remember if you are going to be simming 8 games to remember.

For example use a nightwatchman if we are chasing above 300 in the last innings and on the 4th day in the last 10 overs of the day a wicket falls ,but not before that.
Also use a pinch hitter if we are chasing more than 300 runs the last day or if the required run rate goes above 6.:p

The declaration stuff gets even more messy,say if Sehwag or a Gayle is playing for the opposition and depends on how the track is behaving.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well that's the risk that you take, I guess. Don't get stupid about it or I simply won't remember it.