• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Premier League - General Discussion

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
What about the players simming average

For example

Say Bell averages 50 in this competition but in season 2011/2012 in real life he averages below 25. What happens? Does the CW Premier league create a history/statistics of it's own?

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What about the players simming average

For example

Say Bell averages 50 in this competition but in season 2011/2012 in real life he averages below 25. What happens? Does the CW Premier league create a history/statistics of it's own?
Nah, would be based on real life stuff.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Surely it would be more accurate to update based on CWPL stats?

I realise that may not be possible though

Jarquis

Would be a bit silly IMO. Because then the game isolates itself from real life. Players would never retire

Jarquis

Meh, don't like the idea. Takes half the fun away IMO, which is the comparing of different domestic competitions and the like.
Just don't like the idea, loses all realism IMO.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Surely it would be more accurate to update based on CWPL stats?

I realise that may not be possible though
Would be a bit silly IMO. Because then the game isolates itself from real life. Players would never retire
AWTC

To counter the retirement thing, we could apply some sort of age adjustment.
Better still, use both real-life and CWPL performance, as though CWPL were reality. Players retire when they retire from FC cricket. I'd understand that being too much work.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But wouldn't it be a pain to look up players past performances in the CWPL? At least IRL we know exactly what the players are capable of.

Spark

Global Moderator
It would also kind of go what I had originally envisaged as the point of the exercise - it's not about who has the best team per se, but about an interesting exercise in what would happen in a EPL/IPL-style FC league involving players from anywhere are involved.

Spark

Global Moderator
Points system, folks?

Thinking either we do a

3 pts for win, 1 pt for draw
1 pt for win, 0 points otherwise (so like in a Test series)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
4 points for a win ,2 Bonus points for first innings lead and 2 points for a draw.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
10 points for each time a bowler named Flintoff takes a wicket
-10 points to all teams every time Prince EWS posts in this subforum