Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Argentina Thread

The Argentina Thread

Argentina are fast becoming the 'dark horses' of this World Cup. They are now ranked 4th in the world and I think it is only right that there is a thread dedicated to them.
    February 10th 2009 <3
    Rest In Peace Fardin
    Rest In Peace Sazza

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Some classy players alright, I've always said that a solid domestic structure and more international exposure could lead to them becoming rugby giants. Hopefully after their performances we get to see some action.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Yeah I agree. I think they should be added to either the Tri-Nations or the Six Nations. It's a shame that they are such a good side and yet they don't have real competition very often. I would personally love to see them in the Six Nations, helps with the fact that the majority of the team plays in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    Yeah I agree. I think they should be added to either the Tri-Nations or the Six Nations. It's a shame that they are such a good side and yet they don't have real competition very often. I would personally love to see them in the Six Nations, helps with the fact that the majority of the team plays in Europe.
    I doubt they'll be added to the Tri-Nations, as SANZAR insist on being tossers about the whole thing. Having them in the Six Nations would only be viable if they were willing to play their 'home' games in Europe, perhaps in a country like Spain, Portugal or Romania? It would increase the popularity and exposure of the game in these countries, aswell as giving Argentina a home base. I think they've stated in the past they would play their 'home' games in Europe if it meant they were part of the Six Nations.

..awta....would like to see them get through to the final in the rwc too
    And I recall my fall from grace, another time another place..

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    I doubt they'll be added to the Tri-Nations, as SANZAR insist on being tossers about the whole thing. Having them in the Six Nations would only be viable if they were willing to play their 'home' games in Europe, perhaps in a country like Spain, Portugal or Romania? It would increase the popularity and exposure of the game in these countries, aswell as giving Argentina a home base. I think they've stated in the past they would play their 'home' games in Europe if it meant they were part of the Six Nations.
    Maybe with the way they have played so far in the World Cup people will start taking notice and let them do that. I think it would be great for the sport in Argentina and the sport as a whole. *Prays*
    Maybe we should start a petition? lol

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Bah, Argentina are good at bloody all sports, such a talented nation as they excel at Football, Rugby and Tennis.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

For sure.. But Rugby hasn't been all that big in Argentina due to the 'success' of their football team. But now with their Rugby team doing well, it's starting to take priority over their football.

For sure.. But Rugby hasn't been all that big in Argentina due to the 'success' of their football team. But now with their Rugby team doing well, it's starting to take priority over their football.
    They can certainly draw the crowds, don't worry about that. It's not the passion for the game that's lacking, it's the organisation and structure required to be successful at Test level.

Which would surely be gained if they play in the Six Nations?

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    wanted the pumas to join trinations for ages...isnt there word South africa is gonna leave to join 6 nations...or is that just my tummy rumbling
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    wanted the pumas to join trinations for ages...isnt there word South africa is gonna leave to join 6 nations...or is that just my tummy rumbling
    Theres word that SA is going to leave to play African teams.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

International 12th Man Julian87's Avatar
    I actually have $20 on them to win.

Some maori bloke gave me a whole heaps of reasons that they'd do well one night when I was drunk at the local. Could be the best drunken decision I hve made.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian87 View Post
    I actually have $20 on them to win.

Some maori bloke gave me a whole heaps of reasons that they'd do well one night when I was drunk at the local. Could be the best drunken decision I hve made.
    I know a lot of Kiwi's who are backing em.

State Vice-Captain BlackCap_Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Theres word that SA is going to leave to play African teams.
    Who's there to play? I can't think of any african teams that are even close to SA's calibre.

And just to those who are wondering about how much exposure the wc is getting in Argentina: the answer is alot. I've heard that the Boca-river plate football match coverage was delayed to make way for the quarter final. Boca vs River plate is roughly equal to Madrid vs Barcelona, in terms of popularity and stuff. So this WC success is great for Argentina. They just need a regular international competion - pity they're on the other side of the world from, well, everyone. That's not the only problem, too.
    Last edited by BlackCap_Fan; 11-10-2007 at 05:44 AM.
    Batsman for Cricketweb Blue
    Stats:
    --------M-----I----N.O---Runs---Average---50's--100's--HS
    OD: -62---56----15-----1342----32.73-----10------0-------99 (seriously)
    FC: --40---77-----8------2067----29.96-----12------2-----120

RIP Fardin 1990-2006

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information