• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Knockout Stages

Days of Grace

International Captain
thanks for the update.

The tvnz site won't post the result. Deah oh dear. The NZ media already looking away from the world cup. Have a big sulk. FFS, it's a game of rugby you idiots. Grow up little NZ and get some world perspective you narrow-minded little s**ts in a big ocean.

chalky

International Debutant
I've stated earlier in this thread I thought New Zealand were unlucky with the ref's calls and I generally hoped they would beat the French (can't put a 1,000 years of warefare & hatred aside for a rugby game) . However I have just been redaing some quotes on another forum from ex All Black coach Laurie Mains about Northern Hemisphere rugby yesterdays results brought a smile to my face.

"
What a joke English rugby has become"

"They've selected the wrong sort of players, they're too big and slow in the forwards and their game plan is 10 years out of date, if not more"

"It just emphasises the yawning gap between northern and southern hemisphere rugby"

"Take it from me – the winner of the World Cup will be a Tri-Nations team"

"From what I have seen the skills levels and gameplans are several years behind the southern hemisphere unions"

"Well, I'm struggling to find five world-class players in the Six Nations let alone in the French, English, Irish, Scottish or Welsh sides"

"They (France) just do not have world-class players like they used to"
So screw you Mains you arrogant condescending arsehole.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, hard lines sweaties. Just short of that bit of quality to get over the line at the end. I always thought los Pumas had another gear to go up into if they'd have needed to tho.

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
Scotland should have won. The errors they made were astounding, and the Pumas seemed at sixes and sevens in the last 10-20 minutes. Can't see them beating South Africa if they play that poorly.

Then again, I can't see South Africa winning either after their performance against Fiji!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
:( Indeed. Fluffed two gilt-edged chances in the last 10. Didn't deserve to win, mind. Were quite shocking at times. Both Lamonts had howlers.
Have to agree there, one of them seemed to be asleep when Longo scored from the charge-down. It's a pity because I doubt Scotland will have a better chance of a semi for some time.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Well that's the end of Henry, sacked. A new coach to be appointed by Christmas with Robbie Deans almost certain to take over as head coach.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Poor Henry. A better coach than John Bracewell, but Henry gets the boot after a poor world cup but Bracewell stays. For shame, NZC.

Craig

World Traveller
Think some Kiwi scamps have been editing Wayne Barnes's wiki entry (Linky). :laugh:

Wayne Barnes is a **** (born 20 April 1979) died in 2007 following the second shocking upheaval of the 2007 Rugby World Cup.

Lynched by a mob of people with 20/20 vision who actually read the ****ing rulebook, his corpse was pelted with rugby PASSES, in a BACKWARD direction during the last stages of his life. Urination and defacement of the corpse then followed.He became a professional referee in April 2005, giving up a career in law to do so, because he couldn't read any ****ing law books either!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Piper

International Captain
Harsh decision on Henry I think.
Go Argentina! They didn't play their best simply because they had one eye on the next game. I think if Argentina play like they did in the group stages they'll beat South Africa. Maybe even win the World Cup!

Perm

Well that's the end of Henry, sacked. A new coach to be appointed by Christmas with Robbie Deans almost certain to take over as head coach.
"Almost certain" I highly doubt that. Colin Cooper will get the job.

Perm

Good wins for Argentina and South Africa, a shame they aren't going to clash in the final.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Call in sick?
Was actually going to - because yesterday I was sick! But figured when I woke up this morning that I'd tough it out. So far hasn't been that bad, but the main guy (the boss of my boss) who sits opposite me is the one that is going to give out the most, and he's not here yet... have prepared myself well enough though I think.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Agreed, but they didn't win the one that counts and that's what most people will remember them for. Its amazing the talent that has come and gone over the past 20 years, and we haven't had a single World Cup win.
Who cares? I'm so over New Zealand and the World Cup. It's about time we stopped caring about it. New Zealand will continue to play and win Test matches. Whoever wins this World Cup it will do very little to change the landscape of rugby. Unless Argentina win. That would be huge. Better than us winning it, IMO.