Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Knockout Stages

International Captain Loony BoB's Avatar
    Urgh, don't know what would be worse. Going to work on Monday in New Zealand with a bunch of people feeling crap like I am, or going to work on Monday in Edinburgh with a bunch of Scots and - more notably - English guys who will love to rub this in my face. Honestly, I'd rather work with French people than them after NZ lose. They take any loss the All Blacks have as a victory for them over me. Wouldn't mind the depressing state of NZ right now, actually, now that I think on it further. Rather a depressed country than my workmates out to rub my face in it. But to be fair, at least it's Saturday here so I have a day to prepare myself and, hopefully, get over it.

Henry shouldn't really get sacked, but he probably will.
    REMEMBER: A couple of years in therapy, you'll get over it.

Proud to be a member of the CW Colts

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Carter hasn't been on form for months and months now, and his kicking has gone to pieces. I'd have had McAlister at first five going into the match.

Fair play to France though, they played their kicking game and kept it in the forwards which suited them.
    Despite McAlister being a greedy **** and bombing a try in this game? I've never been a fan of his, Aaron Mauger would have been a far better option at 12.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalky View Post
    Didn't the Saffies make a farce out of the Tri Nations? Should their coaching team be sacked also?
    I would say that they do. Not a fan of detracting on one competition to the detriment of all others when ticket prices for the fans do not change accordingly.

EDIT: On the other hand, the NZ TAB would have made a **** load of money now that NZ is out, and as a percentage of TAB profits on rugby go directly to NZ Rugby, they'll actually end up quids in!
    Last edited by HeathDavisSpeed; 06-10-2007 at 03:55 PM.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

PY
    Carter hasn't been on form for months and months now, and his kicking has gone to pieces. I'd have had McAlister at first five going into the match.

Fair play to France though, they played their kicking game and kept it in the forwards which suited them.
    In all fairness, Wilkinson's kicking has gone to pot a bit this WC (and both have levelled the blame at the new ball which is being officially investigated) and I think he has a fair claim to being the best place kicker the game has seen so I'm not sure plonking that one on Carter is all too fair.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Despite McAlister being a greedy **** and bombing a try in this game? I've never been a fan of his, Aaron Mauger would have been a far better option at 12.
    Who setup the first try I don't think Mauger would have made a lot of difference. It was the forwards that cost us the game IMO. The backs hardly got any decent ball all game, but as someone else said, Carter shouldn't have played considering he wasn't 100%.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Another thing WTF with Howlett not starting but not even in the 22.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I would say that they do. Not a fan of detracting on one competition to the detriment of all others when ticket prices for the fans do not change accordingly.
    I actually agree I think it goes back to my point that that the World Cup detracts from the rest of test rugby. The fact is though the South African public will think their coaches have done the right thing if they win they win WC (as would the New Zealand public if they had won).

Who setup the first try I don't think Mauger would have made a lot of difference. It was the forwards that cost us the game IMO. The backs hardly got any decent ball all game, but as someone else said, Carter shouldn't have played considering he wasn't 100%.
    He still bombed one though and I stick by my point that he's greedy. As soon as he went through the gap he had the ball tucked under his arm, never any intention of passing it. Oh, Mauger may not have made a difference, but it was more of a general comment than a game specific one.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    I actually agree I think it goes back to my point that that the World Cup detracts from the rest of test rugby. The fact is though the South African public will think their coaches have done the right thing if they win they win WC (as would the New Zealand public if they had won).
    Quite agree. These 'decisions' ONLY look good if you end up winning. If you don't, it gives the media a lot of rope to hang you by.

Breakout Champion!
    Well **** me sideways. Didn't see both England and France getting up in a million years.

Breakout Champion!
    Who cares about a test series? It's all about the World Cup which is the same in every sport.
    Not in my favourite sport...

Breakout Champion!
    the sin bin was a joke.
    DWTA. Definitely took him out. Not too au fait with union rules so I don't know if it should have been a sin binning offence but as he was binned I assume it should.

Nah, it wasn't a sin-binning offence. A penalty at most, I didn't think McCalister could've made more of an effort to stop, his momentum was going in the direction of the player and he was watching the ball.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steds View Post
    DWTA. Definitely took him out. Not too au fait with union rules so I don't know if it should have been a sin binning offence but as he was binned I assume it should.
    Rules are all very woolly... having just spent the best part of a couple of hours sifting through them and trying to learn them (need to referee next Saturday)... 10.5 states that "any player who infringes any part of the Foul Play Law must be admonished, or (my emphasis) cautioned and temporarily suspended, or sent-off."

So you have to tell them they've been naughty.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Gah, shocking performance from the Wallabies. Credit to England though, smashed our forwards again and controlled the entire match barring that last 10 minutes of the First Half. Gregan was also rather ordinary, his delivery was on a whole dire.

Great stuff from the French as well, their defence was outstanding! Once again the All Blacks have a massive choke when the games was there to be won. How old is that Evans bloke? It's the first i've seen him play and he looked like he has a bit of talent. Made a few good runs in his short time on the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information