Cricket Player Manager
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Knockout Stages

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Alfresco View Post
    It's tongue in cheek. Nobody seriously believes we're better than New Zealand.
    Haha! I do realise that... Seriously considering putting that in the Sig

Its still needless gloating though...
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Is totally unnecessary. Its not celebrating your win.
    Not my win mate, and there was a smiley at the end
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

International 12th Man Shaggy Alfresco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Its still needless gloating though...
    You have a problem with that?

If France hypothetically beat England in the semis and then mercilessly took the piss out of England afterwards, I would not have a problem.

Just stumbled back from the pub three sheets to the wind.

Whoooah. Who writes our scripts? Literally can't believe it. Not making any great claims for us, but (and it's a big but) you surely have to give credit to our chaps for their performances in clutch games. As Shaggy observes no-one is seriously claiming we're better than NZ, but (and this is the key) we do know how to manage games.

Kenny Rogers's good luck message clearly worked. The Gambler.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Well TBH, that's ****ing dire. I'm all for a team to progress if they play better on the day, but England have been **** since the 2003 World Cup, and now they have a chance to defend their title thanks to two good games. Attrocious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    England are ****, they've played two very good games, pretty much the only thing they have done in the last four years. I'm not so much complaining about the format as such, but it's definitely a kick in the nuts for those teams that have played well for four years and then failed, whereas England have been utter crap and still manage to make the final. I hope the Saffies/Argies put 50 points on them.

Come on perm, I thought you were better than that.

Land of hope and glory, mother to us all

BTW, there is nothing better than being English. **** yeah. (ddrunk)
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

BTW, we will win the WC, **** yes we will. I am no Rugby Expert, more of a 6 nations/WC man, delighted for the true Rugby fans of this nation, but we will win, believe me.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Thanks France and England for reinforcing why I don't like rugby...although this was better than 2003, at least England scored a try. What I want to know is, why do they bother running the ball (I know this happens very infrequently) in rugby at all? It's like basketball, so why not just let the other team a free run to your 40 metre line and then try to defend while they attempt to kick a field goal?

I understand that it serves a purpose, and rugby fans like to watch this sort of thing...but it's pretty boring.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

You cut your cloth accordingly, basically.

We could try & throw the ball around and stand back and applaud as the teams with the more gifted backs carve us apart or we could shove the ball up our jumper & let our fly-half insert the knife. The latter option might not be pretty, but a team who was a national joke four weeks ago has made the WC final now.

It's seriously like a hack Hollywood film; gallant but piss-poor team are thrashed by the talented bullies, their injured hero is inspired to return by their wise but alcoholic (look at Ashton's cheeks, FFS) coach and they manage to jam their way to the final wherein they again face the bullies.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    You cut your cloth accordingly, basically.

We could try & throw the ball around and stand back and applaud as the teams with the more gifted backs carve us apart or we could shove the ball up our jumper & let our fly-half insert the knife. The latter option might not be pretty, but a team who was a national joke four weeks ago has made the WC final now.

It's seriously like a hack Hollywood film; gallant but piss-poor team are thrashed by the talented bullies, their injured hero is inspired to return by their wise but alcoholic (look at Ashton's cheeks, FFS) coach and they manage to jam their way to the final wherein they again face the bullies.
    I'm not just talking about England by the way, should have clarified this in my last post. I do understand why England play the way they do, and it was very successful for them at the last World Cup.

I'll also confess, I've never been a rugby fan.

I thought the England vs Australia game was a mess, and that wasn't England's fault.

Overall, I find it an immensely frustrating game to watch...and before people say 'why do you watch it then', I try to limit myself to a few games every 4 years and am quite successful at it

The only problem with the script is if Argentina win...although then it sets up the 'old foes' against each other again, so it's not really a problem at all!
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 13-10-2007 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    I'm not just talking about England by the way, should have clarified this in my last post. I do understand why England play the way they do, and it was very successful for them at the last World Cup.

I'll also confess, I've never been a rugby fan.

I thought the England vs Australia game was a mess, and that wasn't England's fault.

Overall, I find it an immensely frustrating game to watch...and before people say 'why do you watch it then', I try to limit myself to a few games every 4 years and am quite successful at it
    Spoken like a true league fan.

Seriously tho, I could see why it would be a turn off if you want to see end-to-end free-flowing Rugby, but me, I love the attritional stuff. The margins between defeat and victory are so slender; if Worsley had've missed his tap-tackle on Clerc with about 8 minutes to go we'd have been obliged to punt the ball to the corner when Szarzewski (sp?) caught Robinson high. As it was Jonny was able to slot the pen to give us the lead. Then he put the drop over meaning that when France got a pen, they did have to run it because we were 5 points to the good.

Tiny, tiny margins, as I say.

Prospect of an England Argies final is enticing, alas I feel the Saffies will probably win tomorrow

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post

Come on perm, I thought you were better than that.

Land of hope and glory, mother to us all

BTW, there is nothing better than being English. **** yeah. (ddrunk)
    And I should've expected this from somebody like yourself, drunk or sober.

Like I said, full credit to England for reaching the final, but they're still ****.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Prospect of an England Argies final is enticing, alas I feel the Saffies will probably win tomorrow
    Prospect of England being in the final makes it automatically less exciting.

State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    England making the Final is just bizarre. France choked. All the top sides are choking.
    England were well organised in defence and put in some awesome scrums when the French were 5m out, but that's about it... The best performer on the pitch was Kaplan.

International Vice-Captain Anna's Avatar
    You're just bitter, the lot of you. It's all very well saying that teams like NZ & France are the best in the world, but they're obviously not when it comes to the crunch games, the ones that really matter.

COME ON YOU BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"One day lad, all this will be yours"
    "What, the curtains?"

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information