• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Knockout Stages

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
but would you mind if the chokers you supported played **** and got to the final? dont think so stop being such a bad loser.

im so pissed that everyone seems to hate england and take joy when they taste defeat but when england show some backbone and spirit after playing horribly they moan like bitches
I usually hate see Englland winning because listening to the English media drives me up the wall but today they were by far the best team and showed great spirit.Will give a big preformance in the final no doubt.Will be behind England if SA make the final tbh.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You Poms, eh. Not every NZer has been banging on about how great the ABs, but as soon as England wins a couple of decent matches, out comes the AB-hate.

Anyway, not a big fan of any of the semi-finalists.... not too sure who I want to win... It'd certainly be a bit of story if England or Argentina win... The Yarpies will surely win... won't they??

Perm

It's called knockout rugby - if you were so good you should've beaten France. We did, and we're "****".
England are ****, they've played two very good games, pretty much the only thing they have done in the last four years. I'm not so much complaining about the format as such, but it's definitely a kick in the nuts for those teams that have played well for four years and then failed, whereas England have been utter crap and still manage to make the final. I hope the Saffies/Argies put 50 points on them.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
England are ****, they've played two very good games, pretty much the only thing they have done in the last four years. I'm not so much complaining about the format as such, but it's definitely a kick in the nuts for those teams that have played well for four years and then failed, whereas England have been utter crap and still manage to make the final. I hope the Saffies/Argies put 50 points on them.
Im no England fan (as can be seen from enough posts around here) but its called peaking at the right time.

Athletes dont want to be running their fastest times in the lead up to a major comp but building up to being their best when it matters.

4 years of being great and then failing counts for naught.

Perm

Im no England fan (as can be seen from enough posts around here) but its called peaking at the right time.

Athletes dont want to be running their fastest times in the lead up to a major comp but building up to being their best when it matters.

4 years of being great and then failing counts for naught.
Yeah, I understand you point, but England haven't been building at all. They've been consistently rubbish for four years, and then perform well in two games. It's not about peaking at all, in a way it's about luck. I'm not trying to detract from their performances, because they did play well, but it does strike me as pathetic how some England supporters suddenly think that two good wins makes up for four years of crap rugby.

HeathDavisSpeed

Yeah, I understand you point, but England haven't been building at all. They've been consistently rubbish for four years, and then perform well in two games. It's not about peaking at all, in a way it's about luck.
Disagree with that slightly - England played excellently against Australia and played as well as they needed to against a jaded French side. Their group play had been woeful and how they got through, I will never know. Still, I'm more than willing to give them their dues... which leads into....

Perm said:
I'm not trying to detract from their performances, because they did play well, but it does strike me as pathetic how some England supporters suddenly think that two good wins makes up for four years of crap rugby.
Which is exactly right. I'm not too sure what it is about the English psyche that means that when their teams are doing badly, they'll unfairly bag them only for them to relaunch like the Lazarus Phoenix when they win a couple of games. This seems to hold for most English sporting teams. Vastly unfair on the teams themselves when they're doing 'badly' and sooooo annoying for the neutral when the English do win a couple of games.

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
Which is exactly right. I'm not too sure what it is about the English psyche that means that when their teams are doing badly, they'll unfairly bag them only for them to relaunch like the Lazarus Phoenix when they win a couple of games. This seems to hold for most English sporting teams. Vastly unfair on the teams themselves when they're doing 'badly' and sooooo annoying for the neutral when the English do win a couple of games.
Okay. Since we've been **** for the last 4 years, we're suddenly not allowed to celebrate being in the world cup final?

HeathDavisSpeed

Okay. Since we've been **** for the last 4 years, we're suddenly not allowed to celebrate being in the world cup final?
Of course you are... Celebrate all you like - no problem with that. Party like its 2003 if you like...
But thinly (if at all) veiled tripe like:

Goughy said:
Argentina beat France

France beat NZ

Therefore NZ are really bad
Is totally unnecessary. Its not celebrating your win.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just stumbled back from the pub three sheets to the wind. :cool:

Whoooah. Who writes our scripts? Literally can't believe it. Not making any great claims for us, but (and it's a big but) you surely have to give credit to our chaps for their performances in clutch games. As Shaggy observes no-one is seriously claiming we're better than NZ, but (and this is the key) we do know how to manage games.

Kenny Rogers's good luck message clearly worked. The Gambler. :D

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well TBH, that's ****ing dire. I'm all for a team to progress if they play better on the day, but England have been **** since the 2003 World Cup, and now they have a chance to defend their title thanks to two good games. Attrocious.

Come on perm, I thought you were better than that.

Land of hope and glory, mother to us all

BTW, there is nothing better than being English. **** yeah. (ddrunk)