• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sportal Rugby World Cup Dream Team

BoyBrumby

Englishman
As the eyes of the Rugby world turn to France, Sportal have come good with a Dream Team comp. I'm sure anyone who's previously registered with 'em has had an e-mail by now. Hope there'll be enough interest on CW to make this worthwhile. Just go here:

http://rwc1.sportal.virtualsports.com.au/

if you're already registered you can use your current log-in details, if not you'll obviously have to sign up!

When you've selected your team, click on the "League" tab & enter this code: 586955 to join the league I've been assigned to.

All welcome, more the merrier, spread the word. :)

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
I'm Ruck 'Em Out Shore.

This a dumb question, but when do we pick our teams? I've never done this before.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This a dumb question, but when do we pick our teams? I've never done this before.
Any time between now & the first lock-out (7 days' time). You can make unlimited changes before then, but after that your XXII is frozen until the first trade period (18th-20th Sept) where you can make up to 6 changes to your personel & the rules are relaxed so you can now have up to 4 players from one country in your team, instead of current 3.

There'll be further trade periods before quarters, semis & final too.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh dear - Points after day 1 (LOL)

1. Ruck 'Em Out Shore 6 (Ledesma/Hernandez (1 sub/1 start))
2. Somerset 2 (Pichot sub)
3. Semi-Final Blues? 2 (Contepomi sub)
4. Team Matteh 0
5. A Good, Hard Ruck 0
6. Drop Goals 0
7. Jamee's Tigers 0
8. Haggis rox me sox 0

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Standings after 4 games:
1. Haggis rox me sox Sean 169
2. Somerset SC 148
3. A Good, Hard Ruck Dale 124
4. Ruck 'Em Out Shore daniel 110
5. Team Matteh mat 110
6. Semi-Final Blues? Oliver 106
7. Jamee's Tigers Jamee 66
8. Drop Goals Andrew 64

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Standings after 4 games:
1. Haggis rox me sox Sean 169
2. Somerset SC 148
3. A Good, Hard Ruck Dale 124
4. Ruck 'Em Out Shore daniel 110
5. Team Matteh mat 110
6. Semi-Final Blues? Oliver 106
7. Jamee's Tigers Jamee 66
8. Drop Goals Andrew 64
Fair effort. Howlett as captain?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Into first place with a load of points from South Africa; Habana and Montgomery contributing 68 combined....had Carter as captain too btw, if only I'd chosen Habana or Howlett instead!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Standings after 12 games:
1. Somerset SC 243
2. Haggis rox me sox Sean 211
3. Drop Goals Andrew 206
4. A Good, Hard Ruck Dale 187
5. Ruck 'Em Out Shore daniel 178
6. Semi-Final Blues? Oliver 177
7. Team Matteh mat 149
8. Jamee's Tigers Jamee 110

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm buggered this time, half my team's been dropped. Got Carter as kicker (doubt I'm only one either) too.

& have discovered I made no-one captain either. D'oh. :ph34r:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Theres another six hours or so for anyone who wishes to changes their side - note that you can now select 4 players per country in your team so it would make sense to add an extra NZ, SA, etc player to your team. ;)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
1. Somerset (SC) 460
2. Drop Goals (Andrew) 442
3. Ruck 'Em Out Shore (daniel) 384
4. Haggis rox me sox (Sean) 382
5. A Good, Hard Ruck (Dale) 381
6. Semi-Final Blues? (Oliver) 362
7. Team Matteh (mat) 339
8. Jamee's Tigers (Jamee) 296

Looking between Somers & age for the title.

I'm still stinking the place out; left Carter as me kicker which I was feeling smug about until the steaming great jobby-jabber cried off with a calf strain. *Sighs* 8-)

Least Habana (my captain) starts this time tho.